Thread: Hardy Heron (8.04) Crashing

Beans

Hardy Heron (8.04) Crashing

Hi:

Ever since I upgraded to 8.04, I have been experiencing crashes. In the beginning, it was crashing after I had locked my computer - basically I come back to a black screen, and the computer no longer responds. Then I stopped locking my computer, but still it would crash - basically the image on the screen is frozen and the computer no longer responds. Just now, it crashed while I was using Firefox - again, the computer no longer responds.

I have looked through the system logs, but nothing obvious pops up. However, to be honest, I don't really know what I should be looking for. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to give them.

The one common point (or at least common to the majority of the crashes) is that my keyboard behaves weirdly. Normally, my keyboard only has the Num Lock light on (i.e., Num Lock is enabled). When my computer crashes, the Num Lock light turns off, and the Caps Lock light starts blinking. Needless to say, the keyboard (and the rest of my computer) no longer responds to be keypresses.

Cheers,
    LK

Beans

Re: Hardy Heron (8.04) Crashing

Anyone?

Beans

Re: Hardy Heron (8.04) Crashing

Well, I guess no one had any answers. Personally, I was never able to narrow this down either.

In any event, while upgrading to 8.10, my computer crashed yet again. This forced me to do a fresh install of Ubuntu 8.10. Hopefully, things will work better this time around