Thread: Ooops, Nautilus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ooops, Nautilus

Ehehehe.
    I tried to align my desktop icons to the right.
    So I went into gconf-editor and started messing with nautilus. (apps>nautilus>desktop) and now I don't have any desktop icons at all...
    Why is that? How do I fix it? And is it possible to align desktop icons to the right by default?
    I don't blame you.

Beans

Re: Ooops, Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by Dojan5 View Post
    Ehehehe.
    I tried to align my desktop icons to the right.
    So I went into gconf-editor and started messing with nautilus. (apps>nautilus>desktop) and now I don't have any desktop icons at all...
    Why is that? How do I fix it? And is it possible to align desktop icons to the right by default?
    Redo you're steps again, only this time, place a check mark instead of unchecking the values.

1. Press Alt+F2, run "gconf-editor"
    2. Find "Apps"-->"nautilus"-->"desktop"
    3. Select/Check the box after the "volume-visible" (To show drives), trash_icon_visible (To show Trash icon).

If that's what you mean of getting back the icons.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ooops, Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by iaculallad View Post
    Redo you're steps again, only this time, place a check mark instead of unchecking the values.

1. Press Alt+F2, run "gconf-editor"
    2. Find "Apps"-->"nautilus"-->"desktop"
    3. Select/Check the box after the "volume-visible" (To show drives), trash_icon_visible (To show Trash icon).

If that's what you mean of getting back the icons.
    Actually I have already done that.
    I also tried removing .gconf and .gconfd, but my configuration remains.
    The icons disappeared when I edited conputer_icon_name and I can't get them back...
    Thanks, but it didnt work.

Oh yeah, I cant even right click the desktop, but I have a wallpaper, but it cant be changed...

===EDIT===
    I think when I removed the .gconf and the .gconfd file and pressed ctrl + backspace it didnt apply, but when I got my icons back by opening the trash (dont ask me) I thought that to be on the safe side I try log out and in again, but I did so normally. And then gconf was resetted...
    So it is all fixed now, sorry for bothering you.
    Last edited by Dojan5; July 16th, 2008 at 08:15 AM.
    I don't blame you.