Thread: I've already installed ubuntu but I'd like to edit...

Beans

I've already installed ubuntu but I'd like to edit...

my linux partition. How would I do this? Do I have to install gparted? Or can I use whatever partitioning tool came default with ubuntu(I actually couldn't find out what the name of it was so I couldn't run it again)?

I'd like to expand my linux partition if that has any influence on what I need to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: I've already installed ubuntu but I'd like to edit...

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gparted

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You will need to boot from the Live CD, then when it comes up and you are at the desktop, do Alt+F2, in the box type gksudo gparted, press Enter, and that should put you into the partitioning application. The reason you need to use the Live CD is that the partition must be unmounted to do any work on it, and if trying to run from the HDD, the partition is, of course, mounted.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by nullbyte0 View Post
    my linux partition. How would I do this? Do I have to install gparted? Or can I use whatever partitioning tool came default with ubuntu(I actually couldn't find out what the name of it was so I couldn't run it again)?

I'd like to expand my linux partition if that has any influence on what I need to do.
    Reboot using the Livecd and then use gparted to resize. It's found at "System > Administration"
    AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3 | remove_old_kernels