Thread: Firefox passwords

Beans

Firefox passwords

Hello people,

I let firefox remember my passwords for a long time; it was way too much for me to manage them; My life is already complicated, passwords are a further hassle I don't want to deal with.

So now my firefox in windows is holding all my passwords. How do I import them inside the Ubuntu firefox ?

I remembered some of them, but not all and some of them are quite important !

So I have to reboot Windows every time just to login in some of my important web sites.

Thanks for any help
    Bye
    Cato

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Firefox passwords

Quote Originally Posted by catonano View Post
    Hello people,

I let firefox remember my passwords for a long time; it was way too much for me to manage them; My life is already complicated, passwords are a further hassle I don't want to deal with.

So now my firefox in windows is holding all my passwords. How do I import them inside the Ubuntu firefox ?
    In Firefox 3 you can just go to Preferences, Security and click Show passwords. You can write them down from there, of make a screenshot. Should be the same with Firefox 2.

I remembered some of them, but not all and some of them are quite important !
    Write them down and keep them in a safe location. So you would always be able to find them, even when your computer crashes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@Olav,

Thank you very much.

I was about to suggest this add-on:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/462

But your method is definitely more straightforward, which I will also keep in mind for future use.

Cheers.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

You're welcome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

You may also want to consider KeePassX which is a nice little password management utility in the repositories. It is also good for sharing across multiple platforms.
    Nils

My System: 9.04 - Dell Latitude D620, Video: Intel 945GM, Audio: Intel 82801G, Wireless: Intel 3945ABG, Ethernet: Broadcom CM5752, Bluetooth: Toshiba Internal