Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: still looking for a good music player that can do...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: still looking for a good music player that can do...

Quote Originally Posted by kaston View Post
    songbird doesn't seem to recognize my ipod (a problem i also had with banshee). also, i don't like how it doesn't organize my music on my harddrive like itunes does. i want to be able to change my directory structure (delete files, rename files) from within the player

I did say Songbird was in very early developement, it's not a proper release, it's a pre-release for developers and those who want to test it and help out. Also, as someone else pointed out, Songbird supports add-ons (just like Firefox), so it might be worth doing a search for suitable extensions.

Edit: There's deffinately an iPod extension. Have a look for a library organising-type extension as well. Keep an eye on Songbird, it seems like such a promising app.
    Last edited by ubuntu-freak; July 14th, 2008 at 01:49 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

there is actually a library organizer add on that i found. but when i went to install it from within songbird it said that it's not compatible with my songbird! i'm assuming this means linux versions

Beans

It could be although I have not had any troubles at all with installing any of my Add-ons. What was the add-on called? what release of Songbird did you download, nightly build or 0.6.1?
    Last edited by kk0sse54; July 14th, 2008 at 02:18 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

i installed 0.6.1. it was the first "download here for free!" button that i found. the add on is called songbird library organizer (http://addons.songbirdnest.com/addon/8)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kaston View Post
    there is actually a library organizer add on that i found. but when i went to install it from within songbird it said that it's not compatible with my songbird! i'm assuming this means linux versions

I'm guessing the extension hasn't been updated for the latest version of Songbird. I had a similar problem with a Firefox extension, which I had to hack in order for it to install in FF3.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Whaaaat amarok is the king of music players i've never used a better player, the problem only with it is that it's made for kde i think and it runs a little slower than others.
    I skim read your points what you can do with amarok is just add all of your music to a collection either ipod, hard drive or a external 1 like me. it added all the songs to the collection and i just search a specific song or if i want to just randomise what i want then go to playlists and dynamic and it will create a simple playlist of 20 random songs and when you finsh listening to one it will replace with another i think it's a wikid idea, you could just copy you collection to the playlist it will take a while but you can click and play like you want but itunes is lame!

Beans

Hi

I'm searching for a player with a search function which looks also in the name of my directories, not just in the details of the files, Winamp did so, but I gave up windows a month ago..^^

I've instaled songbird, Exail, etc.. and all of them just keep searching for artist, album, etc.. but I have a lot of mp3s whithout any information, just named trackX ..they are in directories named after the artist and the album..

thanks for any suggestions

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ganael View Post
    Hi

I'm searching for a player with a search function which looks also in the name of my directories, not just in the details of the files, Winamp did so, but I gave up windows a month ago..^^

I've instaled songbird, Exail, etc.. and all of them just keep searching for artist, album, etc.. but I have a lot of mp3s whithout any information, just named trackX ..they are in directories named after the artist and the album..

thanks for any suggestions

Audacious can work with filenames and directories.

Beans

humm, its not bad, but I miss the library ..and its a litle buggy :/

I think I'll try to find a way to rename my files

thank you for your help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Can Songbird play Mp4's?

Or does anyone know a programme that easily converts it into mp3.

The files looks as if it was originally saved as mp4 despite not being a video.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12