Quote Originally Posted by tuts69 View Post
hi any one can help me, i try to install the newest ubuntu 8.04LTS. in my system that has already running XP Pro. i want to dual boot my system. but every time i try to install the ubuntu first is ok but later on the installion has stop it freez, what was wrong. here's the spec of my rigs. Core 2 Quad q6600, i got
2x (500 GB WD) in raid 0.i though i got a conflict on my raid 0 . so i try to install the ubuntu in 250 GB drive but thesame problem the installation going to freez.? please help me.
Hey mate, I had the exact same problem, and been working on it for 12 hours until I accidently came over a solution..

at Ubuntu bootup menu (before installing) highlight "Install Ubuntu" and push F6 and choose "ACPI=off" then push F4 and choose "safe graphic mode" then it will work.. I tried installing ubuntu 6 times and messed around with all kinds of stufff.. until I accidently tried ACPI=off at the end of the kernel command line, that worked wonders.. but safe graphic mode and VGA=773 might also be of big help if you got graphic card problems..

VGA=773 then goes at the end of the kernel line (which shall be possible to easily edit before pushing enter in the Ubuntu install bootup menu (the first screen you see)..

Goodluck mate

For more information on this Ive written an own thread about just this problem: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=859692

Hope it works out for ya