TO ALL UBUNTU, KUBUNTU, LINUX USERS and WINDOWS USERS:
A pleasant day to all...
I just want to ask about disk partitioning...and disk FORMATS
Well, for my experienced with Windows XP (bootable CD) a hard drive can be partitioned then it needed to be formated before the OS is installed..
In Windows XP you just have to Press letter C to create a partition and Press letter D to delete a partition..
Then in the following setup you will be asked what FORMAT you will use FAT or NTFS, Quick or Normal..
I am told that NTFS is much better that FAT, is that true?
Here's my questions,.. Kindly answer it coz I'm not well inclined with Ubuntu yet.
- How to partition a Hard Drive if I will use Ubuntu or Kubuntu Live CD?
- What disk FORMAT does Ubuntu or Kubuntu use? How to Format a disk?
- If I partition a Hard Drive with a Windows XP bootable CD and Formatted it with NTFS,.. Can I install Ubuntu or Kubuntu in it? (not a dual boot only single OS)
- If I already have a PC with Ubuntu or Kubuntu installed in it, then if I both a new Hard Drive and if that Hard Drive is NTFS formatted.. Will Ubuntu or Kubuntu OS detect my new Hard DRive? or Will I be able to open the hard drive and copy paste or explore its contents?
- Does Ubuntu or Kubuntu Hard Drives called Drive C:, Drive D:, Drive E:, and so fort like in Windows?
- Is it possible to PARTITION a Hard Drive and have Different FORMATS in it? like NTFS and the FORMAT that Ubuntu uses (I'm sorry I don't know what Format Ubuntu uses)
- If I dual boot 1 XP and 1 Ubuntu,.. then I use different FORMATS,.. NTFS for XP and FOrmats the other for Ubuntu,.. If I boot my pc on XP mode will I be able to see the contents of the Other drive with Ubuntu (copy some files in it and paste it in my XP NTFS format hard drive) and vice versa,.. If I boot my PC on Ubuntu mode will I be able to check the contents of the other drive with NTFS format?
please help me with this,.. and i'm sorry if im not good in english
Thanks a lot and GOD bless to everyone...