Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cannot Install Ubuntu On Acer Aspire One

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Cannot Install Ubuntu On Acer Aspire One

Has anyone tried to install the 8.10 beta on the AA1 yet? I am looking try it out tonight and thought I would check to see if anyone has had any luck. Also another question....Do you recommend using the regular live desktop ISO or the alternate ISO when creating the USB via UNetbootin?

Beans

Check Out ubuntu Documentation

install 8.10 Beta or
    eeebuntu 8.04.1 ==> with upgrade to 8.10 ( Netbook Remix )

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: Cannot Install Ubuntu On Acer Aspire One

I recently purchased my Aspire One (still waiting for the mailman). However, I see that this thread is rather old and I wanted to know what things are supported out of the box in Ubuntu 8.10?

Specifically Wifi & Webcam...

I´m also thinking of doing a hardware mod...isntalling a 20GB 1.8¨ PATA drive to replace the puny and delicate SSD.
    Desktop: Dell Dimension 2400
    Intel Pentium IV / 1GB RAM DDR / 160GBHD / Integrated Graphics / XUBUNTU 10.10 & Still lower than a slug!
    Kaffeboy´s Twitter

Beans

I've noticed (also on other forums) people not being able to boot or install Ubuntu ( 8.4 and 8.10 ) on Acer Aspire ( M3640 ). The live CD boot will hang at [ initializing bluetooth ]. A workaround is booting Ubuntu (F6) with acpi=off. To permanently fix this issue is to go in the PC's BIOS (hold del key during boot), then goto [Advanced BIOS Features], then goto [Installer OS Select], then change the value from AUTO to OTHERS. Then Save and exit Setup. Ubuntu will now boot with full ACPI support.

Beans
    Hidden!

I just bought one of these baby's (aspire one) with windows xp home pre-installed, They don't seem to come with Linux installed. It will be fun to test these tips to get Ubunutu on there. Hopefully it will not be too much hair pulling.

Beans

Has anyone had any success installing Ubuntu minimal? That's the version I use, and I can't get it to install off the alternate CD.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456