Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will a Lexmark Z2320 printer work under 8.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Will a Lexmark Z2320 printer work under 8.04?

Thanks for the script kalon33. I managed to get the same results buy forcing the i386 package to install in a 64 bit environment using the following command.

Code:
    sudo dpkg --force-all -i installer_i386.deb
    Although as mentioned above by lexmark, using the conversion script will allow the installed deb to show up in synaptic

The printer works fine most of the time. Certain programs like picasa print garbage though. Things like margins can sometimes be difficult but I can live with it. Considering this is a wireless printer I'm quite impressed that it even works at all.

The best way to print photos is using gimp. If you tweak the settings enough you can get nice borderless prints.

The only thing still bothering me is the lexmark toolbox. The installer puts a link in the menu and everything but it doesn't launch. I've tried to luanch the script manually but no luck. The closest I've come is getting the following error in the terminal.

Code:
    my_laptop:/usr/local/lexmark/lxk09/bin/.scripts$ sh ./lexijtools 
    ./lexijtools: 16: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
    Any ideas? Is it even worth using the lexmark toolbox? I mean besides checking the ink levels (which can be done through web interface) what else is there?

Oh and has anybody had any luck getting the scanner to work in 64bit? I've tried both wifi and USB but no luck.
    Registered Linux User # 448327

Beans

I had this problem too; I mean lexmark printer toolbox didn't start and didn't show any error message.
    I figured out that you have to modify the variable JAVA_CMD in the script file /usr/lexinkjet/lxk09/bin/.scripts/shared, and setting the latter to "java" instead of "/usr/lexinkjet/jre/bin/java". Otherwise it cannot found the java application launcher, which is already in the enviroment variables if you have already installed java package.
    So after the modification it should be: JAVA_CMD="java".

In your case it seems that you have also a syntax error in the script lexijtools, so you have to check it and correct the error. Probably a bracket is missing or something like that at line 16.

If you want, you can upload somewhere the script and I can try to fix it.

By the way you can use lexmark printer toolbox for maintenance purpose (e.g. clean ink cartridges, align ink cartridges, print test pages and setup your wireless printer).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by a.quattrinili View Post
    I had this problem too; I mean lexmark printer toolbox didn't start and didn't show any error message.
    I figured out that you have to modify the variable JAVA_CMD in the script file /usr/lexinkjet/lxk09/bin/.scripts/shared, and setting the latter to "java" instead of "/usr/lexinkjet/jre/bin/java". Otherwise it cannot found the java application launcher, which is already in the enviroment variables if you have already installed java package.
    Thanks man. That fixed it. I really appreciate the help. Ubuntu community FTW!!!

I've no idea what that syntax error was though. It doesn't seem to be causing a problem so far.

Now all thats left is getting the scanner to work. For now I'm just scanning to a flash drive.
    Registered Linux User # 448327

Beans

Talking Re: Will a Lexmark Z2320 printer work under 8.04?

thank you very much.
    I use lexmark S300 with ubuntu 9.10 AMD64.

Beans

Thanks dave66!

I managed to install my Lexmark Prevail Pro709 using lexmark-inkjet-09-driver-1.5-1.i386.deb.sh.

My distro is kubuntu 10.04 amd64. I'm not sure if it's necessary, but I also installed for the compatibility the getlibs-all.deb package.

The printing is ok.

Also the lexitool works thanks to a.quattrinili for the advice!
    Last edited by arska; May 18th, 2010 at 10:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: Will a Lexmark Z2320 printer work under 8.04?

This worked for me in 8.10 and worked perfectly in Lucid.

Now I can print at my GF's house and get some work done.

Thanks.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans

Hi,
    I've tried this procedures on 10.04 AMD64.
    It works, but the scanner is not visible.
    Any idea how to make it visible?

On the same machine I've also an i386, and everything works there.

p.s.
    I was also able to succeed in running the lexmark installer by:

- open terminal
    - cd where you have the lexmark-inkjet-09-driver-1.5-1.i386.deb.sh file
    - ./lexmark-inkjet-09-driver-1.5-1.i386.deb.sh --noexec --target lexmark
    - cd lexmark
    - edit config/run.lua and add --force-architecture to the dpkg -i lines
    - cd ..
    - ./startupinstaller.sh
    - With this method the package is not visible as installe package.

But also in this case the scanner is not visible.

Thanks for any help.

Beans

Hi all... I am using alienware laptop installed windows 7 and i am using WUBI to install ubuntu 10.04 to use side by side with windows. I am trying to install driver for LEXMARK INTERPRET s405 and i get this error message
    dpkg: error processing lexmark-inkjet-09-driver-1.5-1.i386.deb (--install):
    package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    lexmark-inkjet-09-driver-1.5-1.i386.deb

Please help me. I am NEW to this os so really dont know how to do it. Thanks for any help.

Beans

Thanks to you guys! I just bought a Lexmark s305 especially because there was a linux logo on the box! I was really desapointed when i saw it didn't work with ubuntu 10.10 x64 :s
    Now i'd like to use the scanner and i'm lost!

Lexmark has to move its *** to make it work, it's their job!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by a.quattrinili View Post
    I am also having problems with finding the Lexmark Printer Toolbox. After I had completed installing the driver and doing the initial setup of the printer, there was an option to open the Printer Toolbox, which I chose and it worked fine. However, after closing it, I went looking for it again, but there is not even a menu option, as the previous poster had mentioned. Apparently your instructions that I quoted above were helpful to others; however, I do not understand them. I went looking for location /usr/lexinkjet but found nothing. I have no clue what these modifications and such are that you speak of, so can someone help me with a step-by-step of what a.quattrinilli's instructions are telling me to do? Sorry, I switched to Ubuntu from Windows last week, so I am still trying to understand how this stuff works. Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast