Thread: Edirol UA-4fx Kernel patch to the Advanced mode - help

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Edirol UA-4fx Kernel patch to the Advanced mode - help

Hi everyone.
    I have an Edirol UA-4FX (USB) Audio/MIDI interface that works in linux, but only 44.1khz and 16 bits, no midi. The interface have an advanced switch that enables more sample rates and also 24bits.
    I found a patch in the in http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Edirol_UA-4FX but the problem is that I don't know how to patch the Kernel to put it to work.

I would like to have at least the midi working, the high sample rates are not a priority since for now I am looking to make real time music performances using midi controllers to start Pd patches etc.
    Any help will be apreciated
    Classic music and GNU/Linux are like a good red wine. At first you may not like it, but with time you will love it, and maybe you will not want anything else!!!

Beans
    Distro

Re: Edirol UA-4fx Kernel patch to the Advanced mode - help

*bump*
    Classic music and GNU/Linux are like a good red wine. At first you may not like it, but with time you will love it, and maybe you will not want anything else!!!

Beans
    Distro

bump again, sorry anyone who knows how to pach this to the kernel?

Beans

I also have this sound card and would like to know how to do this. Haven't been able to work it out so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Have any of you found that when this card is running in Jack, there is a high pitch sound coming into the inputs and this sound actually gets recorded? I can hear this sound as soon as Jack is enabled. This is not happening in Windows and I only make that point to show that this is not a problem with the device itself.

I am also not trying to hijack this thread, as I also would like to know how to apply the patch. I have reviewed the ALSA site and found that running the
    Code:
    cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
    command does not yield the same results as what's on the page.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Edirol UA-4fx Kernel patch to the Advanced mode - help

*bump*

The trick is to save a .diff file that has code text quoted in this link: http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Ed...d_mode_to_work

Then find the part of the linux kernel source that contains the three files mentioned, 'cd' to it, then use "sudo patch < your-saved-edirol-patch.diff" and finally, do a compile.

I'll give more detailed instructions on that when I have a little more time (and actually have mine working).