Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Problem with Epson DX7000F printer

Beans

[SOLVED] Problem with Epson DX7000F printer

I have the Ubuntu 8.04 version (hardy heron) and Epson Stylus DX7000F usb printer. I got it work.

The problem was that from rebooting it didn't work any more, and I don't remember what I did to get it work.

Things that could help:
    .- I got it work installing the scx6900f avasys drivers for redhat and the sources and compiling them in my pc
    .- I have no /dev/usblp0 no /dev/usb/lp0 and no parallel ports.
    .- I think I remember that I did get a /dev/usb/lp0 and then it worked.
    .- On http://localhost:631/printers/ I'm getting "/usr/lib/cups/backend/ekplp failed" message.

Please, any idea, workaround, etc?

wpshooter is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Problem with Epson DX7000F printer

May I ask if all of this is really necessary ?

Is there not a driver for your Epson Stylus DX7000F already included with and installable from with in System/administration/printer ? Have you looked at the listings for Epson printers ?

Beans

Yes, of course, all of this is really necessary.

No, there is not a driver for my Epson Stylus DX7000F already included with and installable from with in System/administration/printer. There is a CX7000F driver but not a DX7000F driver and not a CX6900F driver.

Any idea, workaround, etc ...?

Beans

Perhaps that is not necessary to install the avasys drivers if the CX7000F one that comes with Ubuntu is valid for my DX7000F printer. So I have to test it, but I have another problem:

On "System -> Administration -> Printers -> New Printer" I have NO USB device to chose.

What should I chose?
    Last edited by Norber_OK; July 12th, 2008 at 06:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi norber_ok. I,m fairly new,so my help to offer is very limited. Can You go to system>preferences>hardware testing? Just a thought.
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card

Beans

Yes, I can, and I have done it as you suggest (system>administration>hardware testing), but it says nothing about USB.

Any idea, workaround, etc..?

Beans

I want to test the CX7000F printer driver that comes with Ubuntu with my DX7000F printer but I have one problem:

On "System -> Administration -> Printers -> New Printer" I have NO USB device to chose.

What should I chose?

I have tried to put "usb://epson/Stylus%20CX7000F" in the device uri but it does not work.

Any one has an idea about what can I chose?

wpshooter is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Have you looked at this page ?

http://openprinting.org/show_printer...Stylus_DX7000F

When are you plugging the printer into the computer ? Before booting or just prior to doing the setup once you get up to the desktop. I think perhaps when you plug the USB cable in might make a difference.

Good luck.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wpshooter View Post
    I have looked, then I have downloaded gutenprint-5.2.0-beta3 from sourceforge.net, and then I have compiled it.
    Then I have the Epson Stylus DX7000F printer option but I think I have putting wrong the device uri when I'm trying to add the printer in CUPS (http://localhost:631/admin) because it says:

Bad device-uri "USB://EPSON/Stylus%20DX7000F"!

Quote Originally Posted by wpshooter View Post
    When are you plugging the printer into the computer ? Before booting or just prior to doing the setup once you get up to the desktop. I think perhaps when you plug the USB cable in might make a difference.

Good luck.
    I have the printer plugged all the time.

Any idea about the correct device uri?
    Last edited by Norber_OK; July 14th, 2008 at 10:43 AM.

Beans

In cups web, when adding a new printer and it asks me about the connection it gives me a list in which I can chose NO USB backend (because it doesn't appear in the list), so I'm choosing AppSocket (for example) and in the next step, when it asks me the connection uri I was deleting the word "sockect" and I was writing: "usb://epson/Stylus%20DX7000F" then it allowed me to continue till the end where it stopped with the uri error: Bad device-uri "USB://EPSON/Stylus%20DX7000F"!

Now I have tried to write "epson:/Stylus_DX7000F" then it allows me to continue till the end without an error, but when I go to printers tab it shows me the message:

"Unable to open parallel port device file: No such file or directory"

What shoul I try?
    Last edited by Norber_OK; July 14th, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast