Thread: how to install

Beans

how to install

compiz files from the debian website. But i dont know how to install them.. can u please help me out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: how to install

Compiz stuff should all be in the repositories. System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager. Pick the stuff you need and "Apply". It all self installs.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by sudeepk View Post
    compiz files from the debian website. But i dont know how to install them.. can u please help me out
    Compiz is installed by default in the latest Ubuntu.

Beans

i also installed from synaptic pakage manager, it has sucessufully installed. But i cannot see any new icons from where i can access the compiz setting.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Look for a package called "fusion-icon" or something similar. Assuming you've already installed compizconfig-settings-manager, this gives you an icon in your top panel where you can access compiz settings.

Beans

You already have it. You only get the most basic options by default though, accessible by right clicking on the desktop and opting to change the background. The effects are in a tab called Visual Effects.

To get a nice GUI that will let you change all the effects, change the cube, etc. Use Synaptic and download a package called compizconfig-settings-manager.

This will add an item to your System > Preferences menu, called Advanced Desktop Settings. That is the good stuff. Enjoy!