Thread: Cannot duplicate the Ubuntu install CD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Cannot duplicate the Ubuntu install CD

I was trying to duplicate the Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron CD, and have ran into some problems. I put in the disk, right clicked it and tried to copy it. After a few seconds, the CD copying program simply closes, and nothing is written to the blank disk. So I rebooted into windows, put in a fresh blank disk, hit duplicate (sonic RecordNow!), and it says that the copy completed successfully. However, when I put the copied disk into the drive, it says that there's no disk in the drive. I had the same problem with the Ubuntu Feisty and Ubuntu Gusty install CDs. This has not occurred, however, with any other CD that I've tried to copy. How can I duplicate the install CD?! (I didn't download any of the .iso files, friends of mine did that, as they were to take several days on my abysmal internet connection).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Cannot duplicate the Ubuntu install CD

I've tried to rip the CD as an .iso file as well. The program simply closes without an error message about half way through, on all three disks. Tried MagicIso in windows, and the program tells me to insert a disk about half way through.