Thread: ffmpeg avi to vcd conversion help

Beans

ffmpeg avi to vcd conversion help

I've hunted around and would like to know if anyone has a solution. I am trying to convert an avi to vcd with the following command syntax. The process works, but the final result has no sound. Any ideas? I must be missing something.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i movie.avi -y -f vcd -vcodec mpeg1video -map 0.0:0.0 -b 1150 -s 352x240 -r 29.97 -g 12 -qmin 3 -qmax 13 -acodec mp2 -ab 224 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -map 0.1:0.1 movie.mpg
    Last edited by Zulu-Zeffir; July 9th, 2008 at 02:10 PM.
    You live, You learn, You die

Beans

Re: ffmpeg avi to vcd conversion help

Well, I didn't figure it out but ended up using DeVeDe instead. I'm still interested in a solution if anyone can see a syntactical error on my part. Thanks.
    You live, You learn, You die

Beans

Re: ffmpeg avi to vcd conversion help

FFmpeg comes with some preset targets including vcd. The others are: "svcd", "dvd", "dv", "dv50", "ipod". You can add the pal- or ntsc- prefix to each target to apply a frame rate if you need to. The ipod target is currently only avilable if you compile the latest FFmpeg since the version from the repository is outdated. Try this command:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i movie.avi -target vcd movie.mpg
    Update: Your command was trying to encode in bits/s instead of kb/s. Add a "k" after each bitrate:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i movie.avi -y -f vcd -vcodec mpeg1video -map 0.0:0.0 -b 1150k -s 352x240 -r 29.97 -g 12 -qmin 3 -qmax 13 -acodec mp2 -ab 224k -ar 44100 -ac 2 -map 0.1:0.1 movie.mpg
    You could probably also remove the "-map" options.
    Last edited by FakeOutdoorsman; July 10th, 2008 at 06:43 PM.