Thread: Network Manager Issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Network Manager Issue

I have an HP dv6748us and I am trying to get my wireless card to work. I have installed the drivers and ndiswrapper acknowledges that the hardware is present. No errors are present when I use the trail command in the terminal. The only problem that I am aware of is that the Network Manager does not have the wireless tab. Here is a picture of what I am talking about:

[/QUOTE]

Beans

Re: Network Manager Issue

check if there are any hardware drivers listed in system->administration->restricted hardware
    if not, look into installing ndiswrapper. there are a lot of howtos on the forums for that

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

If I'm not mistaken, you use a Atheros wireless chipset. It should "just work"...so maybe check your ristricted manager. Also, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Driver/Madwifi
    Try issuing modprobe on the module
    System Specs:
    Q9300 @ 3.1ghz | GA-EP35-DS3L | XFX 9800gtx+ | Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme cooler (My pride!)
    Yep, I build systems myself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Im pretty sure that I have a broadcom chipset, but I will still try the Atheros chipset since there is a driver for it. As for the ndiswrapper installment I already have, and everything works until the last step.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by lacrosse_man16 View Post
    I have an HP dv6748us and I am trying to get my wireless card to work. I have installed the drivers and ndiswrapper acknowledges that the hardware is present. No errors are present when I use the trail command in the terminal. The only problem that I am aware of is that the Network Manager does not have the wireless tab. Here is a picture of what I am talking about:
    Post outputs of:

Code:
    lspci
    Code:
    lsusb
    Code:
    ifconfig
    Code:
    iwconfig
    That way we can identify what NIC you have and if it is at all identified as a NIC by the system.
    Sony VAIO SZ4 - Limited edition

MS DOS since 5.0, Windows since 3.11, Linux since kernel 2.6, OS-X since 10.4,
    and, last but not least, MS Minesweeper since 1.0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ok sorry it took me so long the power was out. I had gotten it to work I just had the wireless n driver and apparently you need the wireless g driver for ndiswrapper to work. Thank you guys for helping!