Thread: Help

Beans

Unhappy Help

Hello, first timer here, my question, I have a Sony, notebook, PCG-K23 with a 60 GB hard drive, with 2 partisions, C; 15 GB..D; is 35 GB,,how can I merged partision D; into partision C?????
    Thanks for any suggestions.......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Help

Hi,

You can try Gparted

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gparted
    Go to "System >> Administration >> Partition editor" to change the partition table.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I believe you can NOT MERGE partitions. You can however put all the data on one partition and delete the empty partition. You can then expand the partition that holds the data. Be careful with ID'ing which partition is which. GParted can only help with the deletion. You have to move the data first.

BTW -- It helps if you put the problem in the subject line. ie: I need help with partitioning.
    -BAB1

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

it is adviced to use a descriptive topic title, that means a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

a generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have notices, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question