Thread: New TV tuner

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

New TV tuner

So my new multipurpose machine for college is going to have a TV tuner and MythTV. I plan to output the video over standard VGA or DVI to a soon to be purchased 26" LCD Monitor. From your experience, what is the best TV tuner card for MythTV? Remote is a must, and dual tuner is preferred if it works in the program. HDTV however is not a big concern as I do not know the provider or any other info about the cable feed. My guess is that the college has one incoming line split to all the buildings. Price is a consideration; I don't have too much left after buying four 750gb drives for an mdadm RAID set-up! Lemme know what you think!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: New TV tuner

Bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New TV tuner

Quote Originally Posted by tgunner View Post
    So my new multipurpose machine for college is going to have a TV tuner and MythTV. I plan to output the video over standard VGA or DVI to a soon to be purchased 26" LCD Monitor. From your experience, what is the best TV tuner card for MythTV? Remote is a must, and dual tuner is preferred if it works in the program. HDTV however is not a big concern as I do not know the provider or any other info about the cable feed. My guess is that the college has one incoming line split to all the buildings. Price is a consideration; I don't have too much left after buying four 750gb drives for an mdadm RAID set-up! Lemme know what you think!
    I have a hauppauge PVR-150 - it works nicely with mythTV

just my $0.02.