Thread: Desktop applications

Beans

Desktop applications

Quick question, is it possible to resize my icons? all of them/desktop ones? i want to make them smaller, a little too large for my tastes. Is this possible?

Beans

Re: Desktop applications

Right-click a Icon on desktop and pick "Stretch Icon" and then make it smaller. Or do you want them even smaller than that?

Beans

For desktop icons in order to change them just right click on them and you can either restore them to their origianl size or set them to something smaller. For icons in nautilus all you have to do is to right click in nautilus and either click on zoom in or zoom out to make them larger or smaller.

Beans

You could also open your Home folder and in the Window pick "edit" then "preferences".

Under the "View" tab there is a place called "Icon View Default". Under that you can change the % of "Default Zoom Level" and that will change the size of all Icons on your desktop and system.

Edit: You use nautilus to open folders and such, and Nautilus also controls the Desktop. Therefore thats where you want to change the icons.
    Last edited by aktiwers; July 8th, 2008 at 01:59 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aktiwers View Post
    You could also open your Home folder and in the Window pick "edit" then "preferences".

Under the "View" tab there is a place called "Icon View Default". Under that you can change the % of "Default Zoom Level" and that will change the size of all Icons on your desktop and system.

Edit: You use nautilus to open folders and such, and Nautilus also controls the Desktop. Therefore thats where you want to change the icons.
    Hmmm, when i did that, nothing happened to my real desktop, but then i went into a folder, [the icons within also were not altered] redid the preferences you told me to do and they all changed.

So thank you!