Thread: Stalonetray / Toggle Panel Size

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Stalonetray / Toggle Panel Size

I got rid of (well... just hid really well) my last gnome panel. I am using AWN as a dock and StaloneTray as my system tray. It automatically starts in the bottom left side of your screen.... can I make it start on the bottom right?

Another option I have been throwing around is toggling my last gnome panel's hidden size between 0 and 24. Can I make a script that does this? That way I can just make a link to that script and toggle the panel when I need it.

Thanks in advance...

Re: Stalonetray / Toggle Panel Size

This command line will start stalonetray in the bottom right. If the version you are using is a bit old you may have to remove some command line options.

stalonetray -geometry 104x48-4-4 --skip-taskbar --sticky -t --skip-taskbar --window-type dock --grow-gravity W --icon-gravity SE --ignore-icon-resize TRUE --respect-icon-hints false --max-height 48 --icon-size 24 -i 24

If you have any issues with stalonetray not being recognized as a dock and showing up ast a task/window in taskmanagers etc then you _MAY_ want to try the patched version available at.

https://launchpad.net/~gilir/+archive

Note the stalonetray package should be fine (it has a one line patch against ver 0.7.6)... I believe some of the other packages do bleed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

cool... could you tell me exactly what part of that command makes it go in the lower right hand side? I already made a config file... so I just wanted to edit it rather than starting over.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdisciple View Post
    cool... could you tell me exactly what part of that command makes it go in the lower right hand side? I already made a config file... so I just wanted to edit it rather than starting over.
    I went for the left side (I have conky on the bottom right)

transparent true
    background grey
    icon_gravity NW
    window_layer normal
    sticky true
    window_type dock
    vertical
    max_width 24
    icon_size 24

max width limits to a single column building up. 48 allows 2 rows, 72 gives me a square. No 'max width' lets it spread along the bottom, but then I feel it clashes with docky.

'background grey' works if you don't set 'transparent true'. At this size I don't mind the fake transparent effect. I couldn't get used to it with conky - that's set to black.

Updated 15th December - I find that

trayer --edge bottom --align right --distance 1 --widthtype request --heighttype request --SetDockType true --expand true --transparent true --alpha 255 works better for me now

Of course, this means I installed trayer - and don't use stalonetray any more.

Trayer never let me down. I use the above command in my startup programs list - there's no 'config' file.
    Last edited by ben2talk; December 15th, 2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Update