Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] compiz screensaver plugin Hardy

Beans

Re: compiz screensaver plugin Hardy

So you are planning to uninstall the plugin already?
    Well if you are, I myself won't be trying it coz I don't need it - I was just gonna try it for you .

Hare Krishna
    And pray for me too...

Beans

So you are planning to uninstall the plugin already?
    Well if you are, I myself won't be trying it coz I don't need it - I was just gonna try it for you .
    yea well what i originally wanted was just the screensaver plugin
    (i found that and it works great)

but then i got the post from LinuxIsInnovation where i saw the deformation plugin (i wanted to try it, cuz it looks cool)

but now that i have upgraded my compiz from the unsupported repository it has broken alot of the things that i like (for instance the 3d windows plugin and having 4 different wallpapers) and the deformation plugin dont even work

so basically if i can get the deformation plugin to work then i will keep this version of compiz, but if not i want to know how to remove this version and get my old version back

but dont install the deformation plugin just for me, i dont want to waste your time

if you know how i can fix it though that would be cool

Beans

ok,

i figured it all out

before upgrading compiz i had gone into gconf-editor and disabled nautilus from drawing the desktop(so the compiz "desktop cube" plugin could draw it instead)

when i upgraded my compiz it installed the "wallpaper" plugin automatically and i am no longer able to set the wallpapers from the "desktop cube" plugin

so i had to set my 4 wallpapers in the "wallpaper" plugin instead of the "desktop cube" plugin

(or alternatively i could have just gone back into gconf-editor and re-enabled nautilus to show desktop)

so after selecting either compiz or nautilus to draw the wallpapers the deformation plugin started working

so basically the new compiz does all the same stuff as the old one, plus i get the deformation plugin

(the only thing that i dont like is how my "3d windows" plugin no longer lets me change the window thickness, but whatever thats nothin)
    Last edited by tjwoosta; July 7th, 2008 at 05:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12