Thread: ImportError: No module named gnome.ui

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

ImportError: No module named gnome.ui

I just installed kubuntu 8.04.1 on my parent computer and want to compile a new kernel since i know that the default kernel that came with 8.04 was buggy and caused freezes. I know this should probably go in the kernelcheck thread, but it would be buried all the way in the back.

whenever i try to run kernelcheck i get this error, i fixed it before on my computer but i dont remember how. ive tried installing various gnome libs and even gnome desktop itself (logged into gnome and ran it from there) and kept getting the same error. AFAIK its a dependency problem since it works on my kubuntu 8.04 install but not on theirs since i just installed it last night.

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/kernelcheck", line 9, in <module>
        import KernelCheck.main, os, gtk, sys
      File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/KernelCheck/main.py", line 20, in <module>
        import gnome.ui
    ImportError: No module named gnome.ui

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: ImportError: No module named gnome.ui

This is a bug that will be fixed in the next release; here's a fix:

Edit /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/KernelCheck/main.py and remove any lines that contain gnome. There should only be two.

MK
    The one and only, Master Kernel Thread
    KernelCheck - Finally. A way to easily download, compile, and install the latest kernel. Release 1.2.5 available now.