Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get flash player working?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to get flash player working?

After not getting anything working, I went to youtube and it showed the yellow bar, so I installed flash, and bam, youtube works and the above site work.

Freking strange.

Beans
    Distro

Lmao. I had clicked on a youtube video to make sure I was telling the truth when I posted that. Haven't rebooted or anything since, and now when I go to youtube the video area is just a blank gray box. No "no script" warning, no "install flash", no nothing. It just stopped working since I posted that.

Argh.

Beans

Have you tried this?
    http://www.myscienceisbetter.info/20...inwrapper.html

I installed flash on my friends 64bit Ubuntu, and cant remember exactly what I did. But after reading that link, I am pretty sure this is the way to go Though I installed flash 9 on his PC. But I read a lot good about flash 10

Beans
    Distro

Closed Firefox, went shopping, came back and it works again.

Huh.

Beans

I've been having problems on windows as well with firefox 3 and flash. If I restart firefox it works for a while but then I start getting grey boxes instead of youtube videos. I'm going to check the firefox forums to see if there is anything there.

Flash works fine in konquerer so it's more than likely a firefox issue. My current workaround is to cut and paste into konquerer whenever I want to see some flash.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by aktiwers View Post
    Have you tried this?
    http://www.myscienceisbetter.info/20...inwrapper.html

I installed flash on my friends 64bit Ubuntu, and cant remember exactly what I did. But after reading that link, I am pretty sure this is the way to go Though I installed flash 9 on his PC. But I read a lot good about flash 10
    I just tried installing Flash 10 beta and it didn't work because of my 64bit architecture (Kubuntu 8.10 64bit). Does anyone know if there is a Flash 10 beta for 64bit Linux?

This is getting annoying! Also would be nice to be able to just restart npviewer.bin instead of the whole browser (I have three windows and dozens of tabs in each) to get Flash working again. Seems to work for awhile and then craps out, only fix I know is to restart the browser.

Thanks!

Edit: DUH! Just went to that link, will try install when I get a chance.

Edit 2: OK, call me old fashioned but I took a closer look at that link and it's using nspluginwrapper. I believe this is more or less a 32bit workaround which I'm not really interested in. I guess if it's stable and works, I'd be willing to give it a try but I'd rather stay with a 64bit version if available. Appreciate any opinions!
    Last edited by Footer; July 8th, 2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Went to link in quoted post and see it's for 64bit Linux! :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12