Thread: Suddenly, my audio seems quieter. Why?

Beans

Suddenly, my audio seems quieter. Why?

Just simply playing youtube videos of mp3s, I find myself cranking all of the volume options to even get it to a decent rate, whereas before I could have it halfway and it'd still rattle empty soda cans on my desk.

I just compared the same song in windows vs linux, and windows is significantly louder.

Just another one of those tiny annoyances that are tacked onto the list. Any way to kick this guy off the list and fix this? It's kind of weird...

Bubba64 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: Suddenly, my audio seems quieter. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Just simply playing youtube videos of mp3s, I find myself cranking all of the volume options to even get it to a decent rate, whereas before I could have it halfway and it'd still rattle empty soda cans on my desk.

I just compared the same song in windows vs linux, and windows is significantly louder.

Just another one of those tiny annoyances that are tacked onto the list. Any way to kick this guy off the list and fix this? It's kind of weird...
    Have you right clicked on the volume-open volume control to see if maybe something is turned down, you can also open the preferences to change what your volume is controlling.

Beans

Re: Suddenly, my audio seems quieter. Why?

Yeah, I just did that. There isn't anything that seems constricting to the volume level. I just compared it again in Windows vs Ubuntu, and I gotta say, Windows is definitely louder, but only by a little bit. I guess it isn't that big of a deal, but it's something that I noticed, nonetheless.

Bubba64 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thumbs down Re: Suddenly, my audio seems quieter. Why?

[QUOTE=Roasted;5328279]Yeah, I just did that. There isn't anything that seems constricting to the volume level. I just compared it again in Windows vs Ubuntu, and I gotta say, Windows is definitely louder, but only by a little bit. I guess it isn't that big of a deal, but it's something that I noticed, nonetheless.[/QUOTE

Try open volume control-edit preferences and see if maybe you are not showing a control like main or pcm or any other click them all on if you need to it is probably a controller not showing, or the volume on whatever application your opening things with.

Beans

Re: Suddenly, my audio seems quieter. Why?

When I compared it Windows vs Ubuntu, I made sure my volume control settings were 50% and the volume control on the programs I used (media player and audacious) were 100%.

I keep trying it, and it is a noticable difference, however, when I crank it up to 100%, it sure packs a punch.