Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How do I run a program?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    102

    How do I run a program?

    I think I have downloaded and installed a newsreader called Knode.

    How do I run it now?

    Obviously I have no idea where it is.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Beans
    5,636

    Re: How do I run a program?

    Applications->Accessories->Terminal
    Type
    Code:
    knode
    and see what happens.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    547

    Re: How do I run a program?

    It should be in Applications->Internet->Knode

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    102

    Re: How do I run a program?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeoBigusGeekus View Post
    Applications->Accessories->Terminal
    Type
    Code:
    knode
    and see what happens.
    nothing happened.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    102

    Re: How do I run a program?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikgare View Post
    It should be in Applications->Internet->Knode
    Where is that?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Beans
    1,634
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: How do I run a program?

    Something's gotta happen...It will display an error message at the very least.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Beans
    2,967
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: How do I run a program?

    Top panel, Applications; click on it; from drop down list, Internet; to the right should be shown all applications installed relating to the internet; move to right, click on Knode.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    102

    Re: How do I run a program?

    Quote Originally Posted by durand View Post
    Something's gotta happen...It will display an error message at the very least.

    What will?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    102

    Re: How do I run a program?

    Quote Originally Posted by avtolle View Post
    Top panel, Applications; click on it; from drop down list, Internet; to the right should be shown all applications installed relating to the internet; move to right, click on Knode.

    It is not there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    102

    Re: How do I run a program?

    Anyway I managed to run it.
    It was in usr/bin/knode

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •