Thread: My brother got banned because they though he was a dup...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

My brother got banned because they though he was a dup...

deadlySniper (who is my brother) got banned and I got an infraction because the mods think he is a dup, which isn't true. We are on the same wirelesss network, thus, we have the same IP. Is there anything that can be done to reslove this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: My brother got banned because they though he was a dup...

The second account was banned because it was posting from the same IP, and because it had just re-posted a topic that you had posted earlier and which we had closed.

I have re-enabled the other account. I'm not fully convinced it belongs to your brother, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to you, along with a suggestion that he choose to avoid the topics that have gotten your account in trouble.

Your account has received several infractions recently, so it will remain limited, with a requirement that all of your posts be approved by a staff member before they appear in the forums at large until your current infractions expire in a few days. Please listen when staff ask you to modify your posting style and/or refer you to the Forums Code of Conduct. If you follow it, you will have no further problems.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: My brother got banned because they though he was a dup...

I did, after I got the first one, but then I got a second one from an older post (it was a topic made earlier in the day). Then I got that infraction saying I made a duplicate account and got 10 points added not even an hour after that... e_e I would never make a duplicate on here since there is no need. Thank you, my brother will be pleased and I will inform him about what topics he should refrane from.

Thank you again. ^_^