Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: [SOLVED] Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Moonlight Hill Zone
    Beans
    638
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Angry [SOLVED] Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    Yes I had this problem with my laptop about a month ago.
    But this is a different way.
    I built a desktop pc 2-3 weeks ago and installed vista and hardy (Used wubi)
    And for some reason I can't get into ubuntu Because Of this stupid retarded busy box (I Hate busybox)won't let me in.
    Even booting into vista and rebooting it propley doesn't work.

    Help Please.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Tails View Post
    Yes I had this problem with my laptop about a month ago.
    But this is a different way.
    I built a desktop pc 2-3 weeks ago and installed vista and hardy (Used wubi)
    And for some reason I can't get into ubuntu Because Of this stupid retarded busy box (I Hate busybox)won't let me in.
    Even booting into vista and rebooting it propley doesn't work.

    Help Please.
    I don't know anything about Wubi except its a directory of some sort off of a Windows partition. So I'm guessing fdisk display wouldn't be of much help.

    But even so, if you boot with a livecd and type :

    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    That might help

    Can you output the Grub menu list. It's normally found on /boot/grub/menu.list
    Out put it this way:

    Code:
    cat /boot/grub/menu.list
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Moonlight Hill Zone
    Beans
    638
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    I don't know anything about Wubi except its a directory of some sort off of a Windows partition. So I'm guessing fdisk display wouldn't be of much help.

    But even so, if you boot with a livecd and type :

    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    That might help

    Can you output the Grub menu list. It's normally found on /boot/grub/menu.list
    Out put it this way:

    Code:
    cat /boot/grub/menu.list

    I don't use a live cd but i'l try the out put

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Moonlight Hill Zone
    Beans
    638
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    nope no luck

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany - Berlin
    Beans
    340

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    Did you defrag your windows partition? (just a question, don't do it) I don't know how grub handles the access to the wubi created file on your windows partition.

    Maybe you can fix it by using the supergrub disc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Moonlight Hill Zone
    Beans
    638
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    Well i know what cost it to pop up.

    yesterday morning i was on ubuntu and the power went out for a bit and when i came on i booted into vista and tried ubuntu and no luck

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williams Lake
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    Have a look at this:

    http://kempj.blogspot.com/2007/09/wubi-dangers.html

    It may help with your problem.

    Jim

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Moonlight Hill Zone
    Beans
    638
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Have a look at this:

    http://kempj.blogspot.com/2007/09/wubi-dangers.html

    It may help with your problem.

    Jim
    I can use this.
    Maybe next time i'l partition my hard drive (But how do i do that) when i install ubuntu.
    I'll do it now.
    Last edited by Hyper Tails; July 6th, 2008 at 12:28 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Beans
    4
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    Run Windows, then run disk check on the drive where ubuntu is installed. let it fix the problem. that should fix it. It happened with me before.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Moonlight Hill Zone
    Beans
    638
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Can't boot into hardy again (Not again)

    I installed it again by partitioning my hardrive and i got it to work.

    Thanks.

    no more wubi!!!!

    Bye Bye wubi hello partitioning!!!!111!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •