Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite 2D Linux Game

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Your Favorite 2D Linux Game

Hi guys! Have you tried N? It's totally awesome and addicting... It now has a native linux client but is not open-source though.

http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/n_downloads.html

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06 Dapper

2D games is not good. I prefer Flash games rather than 2D games. Why linux are lagging behind still in games sector. The developers should make some exclusive action games for games freak. Then they will be able to use linux continuously.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by The Tapsa View Post
    Btw
    Soldat that nythacker mentioned needs some assistance. Soldat player Shoozza is/was making Linux version of Soldat, but he is frustrated and needs some motivation, so he said that if we can get 50 people to vote yes in soldatforums and go to irc (Shoozza@QuakeNet) he will go on making Soldat ported. So if you like Soldat, help us to have those 50 people.

Link to topic on soldatforums: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=34682.0

Thanks.
    OK, joined the channel. submit to http://www.linuxgames.com/ also

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

My favorite 2-D Linux games are Super Tux and Solar Wolf. If you don't know, Solar Wolf is a 2-D arcade game where a space ship collects boxes, while dodging enemy fire.

As far as I know, they both don't need 3-D hardware. Though Super Tux supports OpenGL, it is optional.

Beans

you should list fillets-ng
    a very addictive sodoku type game using fish and various objects. very very difficult to solve
    Asus P5K | Core2Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz | 8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800Mhz Dual Channel | Nvidia GeForce 210 1GB Vid Ram | Dual Boot Win7 for Half Life! and Debian Squeeze 64bit w/Gnome 2.30 |
    registered Linux User#: 416460

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm intrigued that nobody has mentioned Naev yet. Escape Velocity-style space game

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

WORMUX!!! supertux is cool too

Beans

My favorite 2D Linux games are Counter Strike 2D, Fish Fillet NG and Frozen Bubble.
    I like to play all this games. I really enjoyed. I play atleast 2-3 hours every day.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I think Numpty Physics is good as well:
    http://numptyphysics.garage.maemo.org/
    "If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough." Robert Capa

Beans

I really like Wyvern. It's been in beta forever now, and I doubt there will ever be a real release, but it's really playable.
    Screenshots here

What is it, you ask? It's a multiplayer game (a MUD, for those of you familiar with the term), that can be played any way you like. The setting is a fantasy like land with monsters ranging from orcs over elves to dragons and beyond.
    You'll start using just the arrow keys and a few buttons and the mouse, but once you get to know the game a little better you'll create aliases so that you don't need the mouse anymore.

Why do I like this game? Although the community is really small, the most fun is to be had with other players. There's these so called "Live Quests" in which players have to work together or compete to achieve a common goal. This can be killing a boss (player that did the most damage wins the prize (there's usually prizes for everyone that stuck untill the end) or racing your way through a mine to reach the end first.

Wizards (the moderators/admins) are working really hard to fix unbalances now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast