Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginners Team

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs up Beginners Team

Beginners Team

First, Welcome to Ubuntu. Starting a new operating system can be challenging and the Beginner Team is here to help

The goals of the Beginner Team are to assist new users to :
    1. Evaluate Ubuntu to see if it will fit their needs.
    2. Obtain and install Ubuntu.
    3. Transition into Ubuntu.
    4. Deepen their knowledge of Ubuntu/Linux.
    5. Become members of the Ubuntu community.

See also : community/Beginners/MissionStatement

New users :

First, welcome to Ubuntu.

The Beginner Team is here to guide you, help you become familiar with a your new OS and the Ubuntu community.

Specific support questions are best directed to the Absolute Beginner Talk, General Help, or one of the specific Main Support Categories. Within those forums you will receive assistance not only from the Beginners Team, but the Ubuntu Community as a whole. The best way to use the forums is to get involved by asking questions.

Forums FAQ : Guide to Forum features ** INCLUDES: Thanking, beans, titles, searching, and more

Additional sources of information include :
    1. The Ubuntu wiki ~ The wiki pages are a great place to start learning more about Ubuntu.
    2. IRC ~ The main support channel is #ubuntu (you may use Ubuntu Servers or Freenode).
    3. Launchpad ~ Bug reports, projects, questions.
    4. Help is built into Ubuntu. Go to System -> Help and Support.

Working with team :

The Beginners Team is an extension of the Ubuntu forums and is a community of volunteers dedicated to assisting new users. Although the primary focus of the Beginners Team is the forums, the team also contributes to IRC, Launchpad, and the Ubuntu Wiki.

If you are interested in helping with the Beginner Team, please feel free to share you ideas with us on our sub-forum Beginner Team. Please do no use the Beginner Team Sub-Forums for technical support (support questions are more visible in Absolute Beginner Talk or General Help).

If you are interested in joining the team, please see this link :

Joining the Beginner Team

To those who have submitted a join request, please understand I receive an almost overwhelming number of join requests and can not personally attend each request, thus the link.

Unanswered Posts Team

In addition to the BT, we also have the Unanswered Posts Team. This team focuses on, well, unanswered posts. These teams are not mutually exclusive and some people devote time to both teams.

Unanswered Posts Team

Posts can go unanswered for a variety of reasons from insufficient information to (esoteric) requests for specific technical support. Threads requiring specialized knowledge pertaining to hardware, kernels, servers, applications, etc may take longer to answer. In the event your thread goes unanswered, please understand that you are not being ignored, it is just that it may take a little time to answer some questions.

Please be aware that if you "bump" you own threads, they are no longer unanswered, and so they can not be identified easily as needing assistance.

Additional information :

Unanswered Posts Team FAQ

Peace be with you,

bodhi.zazen ~ Beginners Team Leader
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Beginners Team

If you are serious about giving back to the community, the UF Beginners Team is a great opportunity to do so. Many members have found other ways of contributing to the Ubuntu community through their involvement with the team.

And to all those new to Ubuntu out there, welcome!

Beans
    Hidden!

As Rocket2DMn, welcome all new users to Ubuntu/Linux

When posting a question/problem, please give as much info as possible about your issue, it will really help us out.

And as bodhi said, please do not bump your unanswered threads, it makes it harder for the unanswered posts team to find, however, if your thread is really old, like 4 or 5 days old, then you could consider bumping it. Be aware though, if your thread is that old and unanswered, it may be because no-one knows the answer, or it could simply be because someone who can answer it, didnt see it.

Welcome to ubuntu once again!

AJ ~ Unanswered Posts Team Leader
    Want to find out more about your ubuntu system? see HowTO Ubuntu System
    Want to know a little more about networking? see HOWTO Ubuntu Networking
    Looking for help with something on your ubuntu? see the tutorial of the week sticky

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

And don't forget to read the user-friendly and clear

New to Ubuntu? sticky

It will definitely make your discoveries easier.

Cheers and welcome to the community.

Z.
    Self-appointed Newbie Advocate & Honorary Authorized Troll
    Ubuntu is Freedom. Learn the basics, then enjoy shaping your own.
    Need a place to start? Look here. Get help.
    PLZ mark your [SOLVED] posts. L.U. #471967

Beans

Guys,

i am very new to Ubuntu. Most of my life i have used window. As i am really new to this, i would like a little guidance. The first question i would like to ask is, how do i activate a new disk? I have formatted my second drive and don't know how to activated it. Second question, can Ubuntu be acessed via remote control(RDP) from windows?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Beans

Hey Guys I Have Used Ubuntu Before, Im A Intermediate Programmer But I Do Need A Step By Step Guide To Install My ZTE ZXDSL 852 Modem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by au010900 View Post
    Guys,

i am very new to Ubuntu. Most of my life i have used window. As i am really new to this, i would like a little guidance. The first question i would like to ask is, how do i activate a new disk? I have formatted my second drive and don't know how to activated it. Second question, can Ubuntu be acessed via remote control(RDP) from windows?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Eventor29 View Post
    Hey Guys I Have Used Ubuntu Before, Im A Intermediate Programmer But I Do Need A Step By Step Guide To Install My ZTE ZXDSL 852 Modem
    I think you both may have better luck creating new threads (or searching the forums) than you will posting in this one. The people that help are eager to do so in normal threads but often ignore posts in stickied threads.
    Don't try to make something "fast" until you are able to quantify "slow".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

+1 for keeping support requests out of this thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Unhappy Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a laptop Fujitsu Siemens Amilo-Pro-3405. I have installed Linux Ubuntu. every thing is fine except one thing that is video card how to i install it and where to get the drives???????????

Pleas help Me
    Thanks in advance

Waleed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gullfounder View Post
    i have a laptop Fujitsu Siemens Amilo-Pro-3405. I have installed Linux Ubuntu. every thing is fine except one thing that is video card how to i install it and where to get the drives???????????

Pleas help Me
    Thanks in advance

Waleed
    I think you may be better served if you start a new thread.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast