Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wubi 8.04.1 is now available!

Beans

Re: Wubi 8.04.1 is now available!

The mirror is selected randomly in this list (http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.04.1/ub...amd64.metalink) with precedence to the mirrors that are in your country. There is also a metadl log in c:\ubuntu where you can see the details.

It might be that you were not lucky with the mirror selection.

If you try again, a different mirror is usually selected (unless you live in a country with exactly one matching mirror in the list).

Or simply download the ISO manually and save it in the same folder where you have wubi.exe. Make sure to match the version: wubi 8.04.1 requires a Live CD/ISO 8.04.1

Beans

Running Vista x64 Enterprise, Wubi fails repeatedly at two attempts to download installation files. Response:

The download was interrupted with the error:

No error given. Have tried the installer several times, UAC off, as administrator. No luck.

Thoughts?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by creatifx View Post
    Running Vista x64 Enterprise, Wubi fails repeatedly at two attempts to download installation files. Response:

The download was interrupted with the error:

No error given. Have tried the installer several times, UAC off, as administrator. No luck.

Thoughts?
    The Kubuntu URLS are inaccurate at the moment, https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubun...ge/+bug/246397 (this is a server issues), Ubuntu and Xubuntu URLs should be fine

So for kubuntu you have to download the ISO manually or wait for it to be fixed

Beans

Awesome. Thanks a bunch ago. I was just editing my post to say I was selecting Kubuntu. Will give it another go and install kubuntu post-install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

same problem as above using any version. just fyi, not sure how to get it work by downloading the 64bit .iso but i'll keep playing.

tom

Beans

I downloaded the 64 bit Ubuntu .iso and had no issues getting install to run. However, I had that nice mishap where I get dumped to a busybox prompt. I think I'm just gonna do a real install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

good luck im just playing with wubi, my linux box is fine. found a wine install to play itunes i wanna try in on my windows crap box!

good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Avast 4.8 says there is a trojan when running wubi in the temp directory. I think its false pozitive. And i wonder is it only me getting this alert.

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I used Wubi 8.04.1 to install Hardy.
    Then I downloaded Unetbootin and resized the Windows partition and create two partitions.

Then I rebooted and selected Ubuntu and I get a black screen and no HD activity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast