Thread: Fujitsu fi-5120c scanner questions.

Beans

Fujitsu fi-5120c scanner questions.

Hello everyone,
    I am very new to linux, and so far I think I am doing quite well discovering how to do everything that I want. I am however, experiencing some problems using my scanner. I am using xsane with a fujitsu fi-5120c, the scanner works and can scan pages, but I need it to do a little more. The scanner is used to scan medical documents, and as such I would like it to be able to use the auto document detection feature that it has and that works excellent in windows. If any one knows how to get this feature working It would be much appreciated.

Also as a seperate point, is there anyway to get xsane to scan images in a sequence (i.e. Image001, Image002, Image003....) without having to change the file name everytime. I am also willing to try other scanning programs if someone could suggest any other good scanning programs that can do this.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Fujitsu fi-5120c scanner questions.

Recently, a friend had a similar problem with mass scanning and installed "Elkazo" from the package manager. From what I understood it worked. I haven't use this particular support app. for sane.
    Hopefully, someone else might respond with more information or if you find it functional, you will report back...

Hope this helps...

Beans

Re: Fujitsu fi-5120c scanner questions.

Hey everyone, I have resolved this problem on my own, and In fact managed to (with a little tweaking in xsane) get better quality and smaller image files than when I was using windows.

I find that I like Ubuntu Linux more everyday.

Bmac, thank you for the suggestion to use Eikazo, unfortunately it wasn't of any benefit for me as I managed to get xsane working fine.