Thread: Wireless no longer working after turning off card

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question Wireless no longer working after turning off card

Hello,

I have an HP dv6608ca laptop with a Broadcomm 4311 (rev02) wireless card. I recently installed Ubuntu Hardy and used the following guide to get my wireless card working:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...ative%20Driver

There's an external switch on my laptop that powers down the wireless card (the light turns to orange from blue when I do this). I can't see wireless networks after switching the card on (the light turns blue).

When I click on the network manager I see "Connect to a 802.1X protected wired network" but nothing for wireless.

I went through the above guide to see if it would reactive my card, no luck.

Any thoughts on what to do?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Wireless no longer working after turning off card

I have the same issue and I go around with
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
    I am not in my laptop now, so the path might not be entirely right, but you'll get the idea.
    /**HP Pavilion DV6646us laptop: AMD 1.9 GHz Turion 64 X2 / 2Gb RAM / 160Gb HDD / NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M / 15.4" WXGA / BroadCom BCM4328 wireless / Built-in webcam **/
    -- Kubuntu 9.04, CentOs 5.2, Mikrotik RouterOS 3.3 User -- Argentina LoCo Team

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Smile Re: Wireless no longer working after turning off card

After running that command line and a reboot, my wireless is up and running, thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Wireless no longer working after turning off card

yes, but I think you should do it everytime you move the switch and then you got no wifi.
    This command just restart your network.
    /**HP Pavilion DV6646us laptop: AMD 1.9 GHz Turion 64 X2 / 2Gb RAM / 160Gb HDD / NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M / 15.4" WXGA / BroadCom BCM4328 wireless / Built-in webcam **/
    -- Kubuntu 9.04, CentOs 5.2, Mikrotik RouterOS 3.3 User -- Argentina LoCo Team