Thread: Strange slective IP inaccessibility

Beans

Strange slective IP inaccessibility

Strange problem.... I have 2 computers connected to router one by wireless that runs Gutsy (connected to TV and works fine ) and other one connected by cable and running Hardy.

On the second computer a strange problem started few weeks ago, even before i upgraded to hardy from gutsy. And the problem still exists in Hardy.

Every second day (I try not to shut down the machine ever) some IP addresses become inaccessible, for example wwww.google.com and ynet.co.il. Many others are accessible but slow, for example wwww.rambler.ru.

During such selective lockdowns the browsers are unable to access those sites and pings are not coming trough.

On the same time the first computer experiences no connectivity problems at all . I have checked router option over again and found no problem.

Only rebooting the troubled computer solves the problem , but after 2 days it is there again (tried also shutting down the networking or logging out and back with no result -> only reboot!)

Need ideas........

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Strange slective IP inaccessibility

I vaguely remember another thread of a similar problem. Seems like ACPI was involved.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Thanks for the hint, i looked there but this one is different
    Their systems loose connection after sleep and mine just like this, it's like there is some timer . Every second day a reboot, very annoying.
    Still waiting for help........

Beans

After 3 weeks of internet search I did not find anything and the problem is still there.
    Desperately need help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal