Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Earth display flickers!

Beans

Re: Google Earth display flickers!

I have the same problem with my ATI Radeon X1650 w/ Compiz.

I could not figure out how to get Totem to stop flickering and/or corrupting the picture so I used VLC and set the video output of VLC to X11 and this fixed the video playback issues.

Is there any way to change the video output mode on GoogleEarth like I did for VLC?

Beans

I want to confirm this issue and the solution provided. My laptop has Intel Graphics X3100, running Intrepid. Googleearth display flickers with a lot of static and realistically not usable. Turning off Desktop Effect solves the problem.

Thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Exclamation Re: Google Earth display flickers!

Hello guys,

i know that problem of flickers....

Please do not forget your backup for windows softwares and windows partitions to big network hard disk or more DVD images with 7zip small bytes....

Than we would to format with one or more hard disks three time formating while your clean installation of Ubuntu Desktop and clean effectives of compiz no flickers. .

Like this:
    1x or 3x and more to format with your hard disk because your hard disk need new start without recovers!!!! Important!

How do i know about problem of flickers?
    If you have installed windows xp or vista with crazy 0-byte-recovers on hard disk than Ubuntu has conflict of recovers by Windows versions. My deaf friend has token that problem and conflict. Do not worry! You want to use with Windows XP or Vista and another Versions...
    We need with using VirtualBox 2.1.x with OpenGL and D3D ( VMGL ).
    Important: Do not start with dxdiag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Breatful i have tried with OpenArena on Windows Guest. Work really! No problem with Half-Life 2 and DirectX-10-Games work on VirtualBox Windows Guest powerfully!!!!!!!! A lot of thanks, Cheers from US! Good work! Adresse: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/v...irtualbox.html
    Because VirtualBox Machine Additions happens by dxdiag. Now leave that dxdiag application of Microsoft Windows. Now we change to compiz-effectives. It likes new computer .

I hope you because you can 1x or 3x format with clean fresh-non recovering hard disk.

Bist regards, SnakeMedia

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMedia View Post
    Hello guys,

i know that problem of flickers....

Please do not forget your backup for windows softwares and windows partitions to big network hard disk or more DVD images with 7zip small bytes....

Than we would to format with one or more hard disks three time formating while your clean installation of Ubuntu Desktop and clean effectives of compiz no flickers. .

Like this:
    1x or 3x and more to format with your hard disk because your hard disk need new start without recovers!!!! Important!

How do i know about problem of flickers?
    If you have installed windows xp or vista with crazy 0-byte-recovers on hard disk than Ubuntu has conflict of recovers by Windows versions. My deaf friend has token that problem and conflict. Do not worry! You want to use with Windows XP or Vista and another Versions...
    We need with using VirtualBox 2.1.x with OpenGL and D3D ( VMGL ).
    Important: Do not start with dxdiag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Breatful i have tried with OpenArena on Windows Guest. Work really! No problem with Half-Life 2 and DirectX-10-Games work on VirtualBox Windows Guest powerfully!!!!!!!! A lot of thanks, Cheers from US! Good work! Adresse: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/v...irtualbox.html
    Because VirtualBox Machine Additions happens by dxdiag. Now leave that dxdiag application of Microsoft Windows. Now we change to compiz-effectives. It likes new computer .

I hope you because you can 1x or 3x format with clean fresh-non recovering hard disk.

Bist regards, SnakeMedia

Ummmm HUh ?

Beans

All I did was to select "no visual effects" from the apearence menu and google earth stopped flickering...!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Does anyone know if there's a way to run google earth with an ati card and also have 3d buildings? (other than starting windows)

Beans

This is also a problem when using KDE with desktop effects enabled with ATI graphics.

ATI ought to look into this when updating the driver because it isn't an issue on my laptop which uses an intel chipset.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123