Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cube Reflection and Deformation

Beans

Cube Reflection and Deformation

What I'm wondering is how do I get the plugin called "Cube Reflection and Deformation"? It allows you to make the desktop cube round or cylinder shaped, which is what I aim at. Can anybody please help me with this?

Beans

Re: Cube Reflection and Deformation

Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by TommyIndep View Post
    What I'm wondering is how do I get the plugin called "Cube Reflection and Deformation"? It allows you to make the desktop cube round or cylinder shaped, which is what I aim at. Can anybody please help me with this?
    Hi and please do not bump your thread so quickly. Are you speaking of the cylinder for the cube
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=841886

Beans

You have this Plug-in in compiz fusion with loads of others, u can get compiz by synaptic manager, or by terminal:

Code:
    sudo aptitude install ccsm
    Otherwise here is the link of the site were u can download it:

http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/Distributions

See you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by overdrank View Post
    Hi and please do not bump your thread so quickly. Are you speaking of the cylinder for the cube
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=841886
    Sorry about bumping so quickly, I was getting pretty excited about seeing the round cube and stuff, my apologies! And thanks a bunch for that link!

Teoline; I already have ccsm installed, but judging by the threads I have been reading I don't have that particular plugin just yet, but thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Um, sorry if my reply is a little late, I'm not sure how old this thread is as I got it from Google. lol.

The Cube Reflection and Deformation plugin SHOULD already be installed. It should be the ninth plugin under the Effects category. The plugin also allows reflection of the cube, without having the Cylinder/Sphere.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoDevon View Post
    Um, sorry if my reply is a little late, I'm not sure how old this thread is as I got it from Google. lol.

The Cube Reflection and Deformation plugin SHOULD already be installed. It should be the ninth plugin under the Effects category. The plugin also allows reflection of the cube, without having the Cylinder/Sphere.
    You also need 4 desktops so you can have a cube. Otherwise if you have 2 desktops, you just flip it over like a double-sided picture frame.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

My Code Reflection and Deformation Plugin was not installed initially, but I found that it's easy to fix that

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisEiffel View Post
    My Code Reflection and Deformation Plugin was not installed initially, but I found that it's easy to fix that

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
    Worked for me, much appreciated!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoDevon View Post

I have the latest compiz fusion installed, but I do not have the cyclinder/sphere option either. I also wish to know how to show open windows as "raised" from the background when rotating the cube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast