Thread: A little help with port fowarding

Beans

A little help with port fowarding

I was wondering if someone knew of a good explanation of port fowarding. I think this is the cause of some of my problems. I have Router A conntected to the internet with a ftp server with ssh deamon running. The i have router B witch is a wireless bridge with a computer connected to it. When the ftp server and computer were both connected to router B, i was able to connect. Now that i moved the ftp server, im unable to connect with both ftp and ssh. I hopeing if someone knew where i could get some good port fowarding help to see if that is the problem. Or am i completly off base and it has nothing to do with port fowarding? Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: A little help with port fowarding

www.portforward.com is a good place to start. explains what it is and will almost definately have instructions for your router http://www.portforward.com/english/r...outerindex.htm
    Last edited by renzokuken; July 2nd, 2008 at 03:18 PM.
    ======================================
    Explosion at pie factory in Huddersfield.
    3.14159265 confirmed dead !!
    ======================================

Beans

Thanks that has some good info. It didnt solve my problem though, i still can connect. Do i need to use port fowarding for ssh?

Beans

yes.. do you have firestarter or anything similar running?? try this online port scanner to ensure that your port is open http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scanner/