Thread: Counter Strike Source 2560x1024 resolution issue

Beans

Counter Strike Source 2560x1024 resolution issue

Greetings,
    I am using Wine 1.0-rc4 and emulating Steam. I can get my games to run properly, however, the resolution is set to 2560x1024. I have an Nvidia GeForce 7600 running in twin view on dual monitors (hense the 2560x1024). I was wondering if there is anyway i can get CS:S (Counter Strike Source) to run with a resolution of 1280x1024 without having to use metamodes in the Xorg.conf. I would like to still have my second monitor running to check chats, monitor system etc. etc.. If any one out there has any information that would be great!

Thanks

Beans

Re: Counter Strike Source 2560x1024 resolution issue

why dont u change the resolution in game? or try setting a virtual desktop with wine to the resolution u wanna keep.

or try this
    1) * TwinView must be disabled *
    2) Load the game and disable windowed mode (which means full screen is enabled).
    3) Restart the game - you can now select a resolution. Do it and restart the game.
    4) You can now re-enable windowed mode and choose a screen resolution to better match.
    Last edited by keyboardslave; September 18th, 2008 at 04:58 AM.
    ..."Life is like a roller coster, you think its real because thats how powerful your mind is; You choose to go on it. Its very loud and brightly colored, it has chills and thrills, but then you think 'is this real or just a ride"?