Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mmorpg

Beans

Re: mmorpg

That's cool. You can do the code?

We need more activity in this thread This whole section of the forums, however, seems rather deserted. A good mmo could really spark it up tho

Seriously though, briz, what type of setting are you thinking of? Something unique would be nice, and of course as stated before something w/ robust gameplay. Zombie apocalypse would be awesome (barricade building/jury rigged weaponry would be a must of course ), maybe a semi-rts where you comtrol space ships rather than a player (kinda like civilizations, I guess, with planets representing cities that you can put in various upgrades to, increase population and production, etc. Or maybe even have the planets be like discs, perhaps a mile or few in radius, and the ability to move on foot, have a small rts element (mining on the planets, of course, gathering food to increase population, though it should be made hard to build up large numbers of troops quickly (like hundreds on a planet) to help w/ graphical strain.

I dunno, there could be all kinds of cool new possibilities. By choosing a top down view, simplistic but still artistic and immersive, you give yourself a lot of creative leeway (in that you spend less time coming up with a satisfying graphical interface and more complex gameplay can be represented mostly in statistics). So what kind of world are you shooting for?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Get Blizzard to make a native linux client and the boards would perk up in an instant.
    Pain is Temporary, Quitting Lasts Forever

-Lance Armstrong

Beans

Red face Re: mmorpg

Thanks For The Help Guys!

Will Be Useful

Beans

Still learning python but I've made already few tools (text and graphics processing) to speed up some production processes in the company I work for (they create elearning software mainly). If you still need any help (u mentioned assistant programmers and in that role I can see myself) I'd like to join the team too. (And sorry for my bad english, alas it's not my native language).

Beans

Thumbs down Re: mmorpg

Slaw

I'm Not So Sure About The Posisions But I Know I'm Game Manager

New Forums For FA Made!

Website Adress And Website Coming Soon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Um have not been on in a while but I am still working out the kinks and the main thing is we have a decent programmer and graphic artist. those to people please stand froward and then we may begin
    iaaaaaaasoqjdokasjfidsjfi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

iaaaaaaasoqjdokasjfidsjfi

Beans

Exclamation Re: mmorpg

our official forums are nearly done!

Beans

Exclamation Re: mmorpg

http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyadventure/