Thread: [SOLVED] Strange Thunderbird behavior

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

[SOLVED] Strange Thunderbird behavior

Hi All,

My mom is using Ubuntu Gutsy and is reporting a strange message in Thunderbird that I cannot replicate. The message is "Advanced to next unread message in inbox?" She would like to turn this message off. It does not appear for all messages, just for some. I have installed Thunderbird Bayes plugin for spam filtering. Could this be causing the message to appear?

She reports that when she moves her cursor to the right side of the screen, the "Advanced to next unread message in inbox?" messages appear multiple times.

I would appreciate if anyone has a suggestion on how to get rid of this advance to next unread message.

Al
    Last edited by ahood; July 2nd, 2008 at 02:34 AM.
    Long time ubuntu family user. Current Desktop System: AMD, 16Gb RAM, 1.2 TB Storage, Xubuntu 18.04, AMD Ryzen 1600, AMD RX 580 8 Gb. Current Laptop System: Lenovo x220 with Bodhi Linux. Current HTPC System: LinHES

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Strange Thunderbird behavior

I get this message when I'm in the inbox for one account and press n (the keyboard shortcut to read the next unread message) and the next unread message is in another inbox. Is that what she's doing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aysiu; July 2nd, 2008 at 02:30 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Strange Thunderbird behavior

It seems as if the message was caused from hibernating the machine repeatedly. It took me a while to figure this one out and ask the right question(s). I have never used hibernating before and was perplexed at first.

Rebooting the machine appears to have solved the issue.

Thank you so much for replying.

Al
    Long time ubuntu family user. Current Desktop System: AMD, 16Gb RAM, 1.2 TB Storage, Xubuntu 18.04, AMD Ryzen 1600, AMD RX 580 8 Gb. Current Laptop System: Lenovo x220 with Bodhi Linux. Current HTPC System: LinHES