Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

yay!! it did worked after all!
    the only thing that stopped working was wicd, but when i configured manually my wireless connection i got my ip using dhclient

now i got the tablet, sound, suspend, fglrx (i *think* i have opengl), wifi, webcam... i think that's 'everything' and using jaunty
    btw, i used the i8042.reset option.

Beans

Well, tried the grub option. my laptop doesnot sleep on closing the lid. I had made a fresh install of jaunty by the way. I remember that in in intrepid I had guidance power-manager installed. I will try again using that.

Beans

Yup my suspicion was right! after installing guidance-power-manager... everything works fine. Though initially it appeared that I got the same problems as Rangua. The wireless took some time to connect

Beans

Hello.

As I had done with intrepid, I have written a page where I try to collect all the information about jaunty on the HP tx2500. I have not much time to browse the forums, neither intend to replicate information (just to catalogue it): if some of you want to contribute some info missing, just write me.

bye

Pietro

Beans

hi mememe
    i also have the tx2510 us. Did you have an issue with the volume buttons? I can't get them to work. When I press them, the volume bar does come up but won't do anything. Always seems to be on 0%. The mute button doesnt do anything either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by ed021990 View Post
    hi mememe
    i also have the tx2510 us. Did you have an issue with the volume buttons? I can't get them to work. When I press them, the volume bar does come up but won't do anything. Always seems to be on 0%. The mute button doesnt do anything either.
    Gnome or KDE? I believe mine worked fine in gnome, but in KDE it was changing the volume for the wrong mixer item. If you go into the system settings area, and find the hotkeys section, you can reassign it to change the volume for the MAIN mixer instead of whatever item it does by default.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by phormix View Post
    Gnome or KDE? I believe mine worked fine in gnome, but in KDE it was changing the volume for the wrong mixer item. If you go into the system settings area, and find the hotkeys section, you can reassign it to change the volume for the MAIN mixer instead of whatever item it does by default.
    thanks man, this worked for me

Beans

// This message was deleted because of its senselessness. Sorry
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Red_Lion; August 4th, 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Red_Lion - Have you actually gotten those keys to work? I have the tx2000z.
    Also, when I decompiled my DSDT, I did not find that last bit you listed (about Windows and Linux.)

Kory

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    Red_Lion - Have you actually gotten those keys to work? I have the tx2000z.
    Also, when I decompiled my DSDT, I did not find that last bit you listed (about Windows and Linux.)

Kory
    No, buttons not work. Also i fown what loading with _OS and _OSI "Windows 2006" turn off remoute on my tablet.

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast