Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

I have the microphone and sleep problems as well. I'm gonna try the grub fix suggested. Anybody have any idea why the microphones fail? I've tried the internal mic and the line in. Absolutely nothing, and the line in worked in Jaunty, I'm pretty sure. I don't want to have to buy a usb mic.

Beans

Hello,
    Thanks for this info this was the next thing i was going to try... another boot loader... thanks for pointing me in the right direction... somehow i misplaced my kalyway .iso file but am going to try and patch a leo4all v3 .iso with chameleon boot loader and see what happens there.. I will report here if it worked.

Thanks
    _______
    http://www.viewguard.com/en-us/

Beans

Exclamation Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Hi all! three years has left, linux-kernel, after 2.6.38, have problems with power management and amd often more voracious then others, so?
    I have 90-95 Celsius degrees without any load (cpu overheating)!

Problem in linux/ubuntu? amd? HP build bad laptop?
    No!

But, may be clogged small radiator in tx2500 (inside)! I have this situation!
    after cleaning i have 54-58 degrees with running firefox, and 75 degree with compiling, using two cpu cores.

I fully disassemble my laptop(and also change thermal grease), but i believe, you may just unscrew keyboard. Unscrew only 4 bolt at bottom(search keyboard pictures) and carefully pick-up keyboard above laptop case, don't disconnect keyboard cord from motherboard! Next carefully clean your cooler, using vacuum cleaner, using hole in mother board at right top corner.

My setup (without any magic):

ubuntu 11.04. amd64
    cpu frequency policy - conservative

video driver from Xorg Edgers repository
    linux-kernel Linux 3.0.0-7-generic

Ati Video card power save settings:

echo "profile" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_method
    echo "low" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile

I hope my info helps prolong your laptop life.

Sorry for my English.
    Last edited by shm; September 6th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi shm,

Thank you for sharing that.

I've been blowing out my TX2000 fan with canned air. But if I can access the heat sink to clean it with canned air through the motherboard by just removing the keyboard, I should try that too.

This shows how to disassemble a TX200: http://www.insidemylaptop.com/disass...000-tablet-pc/ Are those four screws for the keyboard the ones you are talking about?

By the hole in the "right top corner" on the motherboard do you mean the same place as where the fan and it's vents are, i.e. where the cooling module is?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi shm,

Thank you for sharing that.

I've been blowing out my TX2000 fan with canned air. But if I can access the heat sink to clean it with canned air through the motherboard by just removing the keyboard, I should try that too.

This shows how to disassemble a TX200: http://www.insidemylaptop.com/disass...000-tablet-pc/ Are those four screws for the keyboard the ones you are talking about?
    Hi Favux!

At this picture, blue circles it is keyboard screws

After unscrew four bolts,use knife (or something like this) to pick up keyboard,
    it have small ledges on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    By the hole in the "right top corner" on the motherboard do you mean the same place as where the fan and it's vents are, i.e. where the cooling module is?

Yes it is cooler vent, i think if clean through this vent, dust should easily to come out.

At this picture you can see how the dust is looks like =)
    I had a similar picture.

Also you can try to use ear stick (or any other tiny stick), to hook the dust.

And probably good idea to use compressed gas duster, from out side of radiator, at the same time as vacuuming.

Good luck!
    Last edited by shm; September 6th, 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wow shm thanks!

I'll add that to my maintainance routine.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364