Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Hi Red_Lion,

Thank you for the 2.6.30 Makefile, it worked fine on 2.6.27.

OK, now I understand the:
    Code:
    echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind
    echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind
    Several users have reported the bezel buttons dead on rotation. Updating the bios to the latest version seems to help some of them. Others noticed a link with the small button at the top of the Synaptic touch pad. The one that disables it for typing. If touchpad was turned off they lost their two bezel buttons. See, starting with post #56, here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6725304 It goes on for a page or two.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Red_Lion and everone,

I discovered something sort of interesting. Either that or I'm doing something wrong. The blobs of hp-wmi.c from the 2.6.27 and 2.6.30 git trees seem to be identical. Which I suppose helps explain why your 2.6.30 makefile worked on the 2.6.27 hp-wmi.c Red_Lion.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne...712ccd2da1b220

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne...712ccd2da1b220

The last patches I could find were both submitted on 9/8/08 I think.

If I'm messing up I would appreciate someone explaining what I'm doing wrong.

Beans

Yes, it's can be. I say what i take hp_wmi from 2.6.30 tree, but when it will wrote i not say My makefile not depend of kernel (on 2.6 tree) - hp_wmi maybe can compile in kernels <2.6.17 - i not test it.

P.S. In our notebook series now only need to make bezel buttons, red light on mute, and understand how in vista switching buttons on remoute (acpi-keyboard). In first - need somebody who know how programming modules under acpi and somebody who can read dsdt source well (i can read, but lot of code not understand). If somebody whant to help - write me to jabber - red_lion@jabber.ru
    Last edited by Red_Lion; August 6th, 2009 at 03:56 PM.

Beans

Sad news - in dsdt only information about HotStart - not more. Aslo Hotstart(quickstart) will work only in suspend/poweroff mode. Just 2 ways we now have - decompile hp drivers (if need i can give code decompiled, but realy need somebody who can help read them) and search about i8042 controller.

I think what 2 bezel buttons will never work - i cant make all myself, and nobody now can help in this job

Beans

hello again
    so.. anyone noticed that multimedia buttons (and remote control) stop working when you have the screen folded and closed? (tablet-mode)
    0.o??
    i've been trying to figure out whether the computer knew when it was folded tablet-mode, but i couldn't find it where the file for the lid one is (i forgot now where that one is too...), so i thought that ubuntu just couldn't.. but now it seems it can :O, so, anyone got this issue?

edit: sorry for repeating the post. i'll read http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6725304 and comment if i get somewhere...
    lastedit: wow! i thought things moved fast on these subject, but i it seems it was all just the beggining! i got autorotation thank you thank you thank you thank you all you guys that made this possible!! great work guys!
    Last edited by Rangua; September 20th, 2009 at 01:47 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Rangua,

Hey great! Glad you have auto-rotation now. Are you using the script or the applet?

As you can see with the discussion with Groove Therapy and the rest, updating the bios seemed to help with the buttons in tablet mode, at least for some folks.

Beans

hi
    i just went from windows to ubuntu whit my hp tx 2525nr
    and I'm having problems with my sound card
    so if same body cut help me out it would be grate

Beans
    Distro

Hi andre.mella,

Welcome to Ubuntu Forums!

You didn't mention which version of Ubunu you installed.

You want to add the line:
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=toshiba position_fix=1
    to the end of the alsa-base.conf file. Which used to be called alsa-base before Jaunty. Don't worry that it says Toshiba. To do that in a terminal enter:
    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    Add the line to the end (copy and paste). Save and restart.

Hope this helps.

Beans

thank you for answering so quickly
    i tied but id didn't work
    i'm using ubuntu 9.10

Beans
    Distro

Hi andre.mella,

That's too bad. Since you are using Karmic, maybe something has changed since Jaunty. Check your mixer and make sure the volume sliders are up, including PCM and also try rebooting a couple of times. Otherwise we'll have to wait until someone reports success in Karmic.

Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast