Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Hi mdb17,

Did you restart? Did you turn up the volume sliders? You're sure you have a TX2500? What's your model number?

Gali98 may have even posted the fix on this thread, maybe with more info., maybe more than once. It would have been sometime between September to December. Probably October or November. Quite a few posts to go through though.

Beans

hey thank you for the quick response and yes i did all those things but i didnt copy and paste the last letter but as soon as i did it worked great,
    thank you for all the help.

Beans

i have another question, the volume buttons on the top of my keyboard will bring up the on screen volume meter but it doesnt actuall change the volume what can i do to fix that?

Beans

Going along with the sound questions, has anyone made any progress with the internal mic (or even an external one plugged into the mic jack)? I really want to use skype, but not waste money on a USB microphone. Chances are, I would get one that wouldn't work with Linux, anyway.

Beans
    Distro

Hi mbd17,

They work fine on my TX2000. Let me ask you a question, does the DVD key on the bezel work for you?

Hi tC_Crazy,

I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it. I may have seen someone saying they got it working after doing a bunch of Alsa files changes. I may have seen someone say don't bother, quality is terrible. I just don't remember right now.

Beans

the play pause buttons work and i haven't tried the dvd one. the buttons respond and when you press then the master volume pops up and will go up and down and mute it just doesn't actually make any changes to actual sound levels.

Beans
    Distro

Hi mdb17,

Try the DVD key. It probably works too if play/pause does. I don't know what to tell you. Like I said mine work.

Beans

no the dvd key doesnt work. oh well its not a big deal. has anyone coame up with a soulution for the mic yet?

Beans
    Distro

Hi mdb17,

At the bottom of this HOW TO is the Key code Addendum. It has gali98's fix for the DVD key and gets the play/pause key to give a key code so we can bind it for rotation. We call it the "Q" key. I don't know if it will help your volume keys or not.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=996830

I do not understand the fix, and it sounds like it will break your play/pause button. Mine didn't work before using the "fix", so it didn't matter to me. Since I don't understand it I don't know how to reverse it. So think about it before you decide to use it.

Beans

thank you for your help. i think i would rather have play pause then the volume

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast