Let me know what you think.

Beans

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Great. Thanks Favux.
    I will give it a try tomorrow night.

Martin

Beans

The screen rotation script works on tx2500?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Draugr,

It should since it basically depends on the xrandr command through X to work. Your "Q" key code might be different on the TX2500 but you can get that through xev as I describe. Give it a shot and let me know.
    Last edited by Favux; December 1st, 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Beans

Wink Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Quote Originally Posted by OnionMan View Post
    Hi,
    I'm back and my sound is now working, I did a fresh install from the CD and with the line [...] model=acer it worked!

New question: I am using the Broadcom-STA driver, my wpa connection at home is dropping every 10 minutes and wpa-enterprise is not working at all. I saw on the broadcom website http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php and the latest driver version is 5.10.27.6. How can I know my current version and will it update with the update manager or do I have to put a new source.

Also:

I have this problem too...

Thx
    I have same problem! The wireless is working like sh"t!

Tried the "touch/stylus" guide and it didn't work for me. But as long the wireless isn't working properly won't Ubuntu be usable!

By the way, if someone not already have sad this, thanks gali98 for helping all of us all the time!

Beans

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by manu7irl View Post
    get a new kernel version today so i have to re-install the wacom again!!
    2.6.27-9-generic
    I tried to use the new kernel but I couldn't get the stylus working again, even by reinstalling wacom as before. But I get the mic and the speaker/headphone working perfectly on 8.10 by (re-)installing the latest alsa driver : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto

Favux :

The screen is rotating when I use the script but the mouse (stylus) isn't working fine. In fact, the pointer moves in the wrong directions (I have to use the normal direction ex:to move to the top I have to move the cursor to the right and so on)
    How can I solve that problem?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Hi tahl123,

Which kernel were you using? The Linux Wacom Project says at its download site as of 10-24-08 that 0.8.1-6 is good to kernel 2.6.27. I'm using 2.6.27-9 with only occasional intermittent loss of eraser and touch. I just reboot X.

As to rotation, that shouldn't happen! If I understand you the stylus isn't rotating because the on screen cursor is moving 90 degrees to the stylus. You are on a TX2500 right? Which are you using, method 1 or method 2?

I'm going to guess method 1. First thing to do is check to see if your name for stylus (or whatever your calling it, e.g. pencil) is the same in "xorg.conf" and in the ".rotation.sh" script you stuck in "/home/user name". At least in a terminal X is case specific and "stylus" is not the same as "Stylus".

Let me know.

Beans

Hi Favux,

I am runing the kernel 2.6.27-7 on a tx2500. I up graded to 2.6.27-9 but I couldn't fix the stylus, so I had to stick with the -7 since it is working well over there.

With the method 1, I could get back to the normal screen because it gets stuck after turning 90 degrees to the right. So I tryed the method 2 but as I already said, the mouse/stylus are not working well. I don't know where to check the name "stylus" in the method 2, but my xorg.conf file uses that name to identify the pen.

Beans
    Distro

Hi tah123,

Yeah, I may go back to 2.6.27-7 too, if the intermittant loss of eraser and touch bugs me enough.

method 1: Should work since it's just X commands. But you are saying the stylus didn't turn with the screen with either method? To figure out why it isn't working I need you to post your xorg.conf file in /etc/X11/.

method 2: Sure in this one you wouldn't be matching the xorg.conf to a script because that function is performed by the wacomrotate daemon which is written in C. Did you go to System>Preferences>Sessions and find "wacomrotate" and edit it to add the -t so that the command looks like "wacomrotate -f -t " ? In other words is at least touch reorienting with the screen?

I really think I need you to post your xorg.conf file in /etc/X11/.

We'll get it working.
    Last edited by Favux; December 4th, 2008 at 05:37 AM.

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast