Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

That is interesting... Onionman, did you upgrade to Intrepid, or do a clean install?
    I can't see it working on some and not others. There has to be something we can track down...
    And the Virtual Box thing is very weird....
    Kory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Just saw this post and it may be helpful to those people with sound problems...
    Kory

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    That is interesting... Onionman, did you upgrade to Intrepid, or do a clean install?
    I can't see it working on some and not others. There has to be something we can track down...
    And the Virtual Box thing is very weird....
    Kory
    It was an upgrade from the last 8.10 beta. I thought that it could be the problem so I tried to download a clean 8.10 final. With a live CD boot I saw that the hardware test failed, there was no sound and it was not a fader problem... I did not clean install it...

As I said, there is those internal sounds that reminds me of an audio driver problem.

If you guys think it could be a good idea to reinstall 8.10 even if the hardware test fails, I will do it.

Thx again

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    harak, I replied with a fix on the other post
    for all others who don't know what I'm talking about, this is a fix so that the media buttons will work. You only need to run two commands:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=101
    Kory
    thanks! this work for me, but also only DVD and reload buttons (as in my method) but others key codes (102 and 202) rotate and settings buttons don't work.

fprint work better with little fingers i use my left index finger besides thumb finger, and now positive scans about 80%

On that rotate script, I actually use a daemon that runs in the background that does the same thing. I just modified some source I found out on the net one time. If you want, I can upload the source....
    yes, it will bee nice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Okay OnionMan.. I don't know anything else to do... let us know how it goes..
    Thanks for the fprint tip... Those two other buttons will not work until some kind of driver is written for them.
    I am uploading the source... (rename it to rotate.c) basically you need to do:
    sudo apt-get install libxrandr-dev
    then just cd to where the source is and run
    gcc -lX11 -lXrandr -o rotate rotate.c
    and it will make the daemon program "rotate" just put it in your home folder (named something like ".rotate" then add it to sessions so it starts when you log in.
    then just make your script like mine (im attaching it too..) and when you run the script, it does some background stuff for you...
    Kory
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Has anyone taken a look at the suspend and hibernate problem yet?

I have the tx2525nr and have gotten the sound working and the tablet working but to save power and start-up time suspend is VERY useful.

Suspend works when going into the off state but when resuming I get video and the login screen but the keyboard and the mouse don't work. Can't end X or ctrl alt del out of it because the keyboard and mouse are "dead".

From the other forums that I have read it looks like suspend doesn't wake the keyboard and mouse correctly. Some people have made scripts or changed the suspend files so it wakes the keyboard but I don't know much about that and get confused.

I use ibex and here is the bug for hardy
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/257293

This is a post in a thread that may be helpful
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=177
    Looks like he found something but I have no idea what he is editing

Beans

Kory thanks for all i'd just what you said about the wacom driver into intrepid and it actually did it thanks again. i'm on ubuntu 2.6.27-7-generic kernel version.
    I'm wondering if there's a solution to the hibernate and sleep mode??

Beans

I have noticed one other thing, when the computer goes to sleep in vista I can wake it by just hitting any key but when it goes to sleep in Ubuntu the keyboard is non responsive so I think it may be shutting down the keyboard and track pad when its not supposed to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am on the tx2000 (which both hibernate and suspend work on)
    I have heard tale that the tx2500 was having problems, but I thought hibernate was working.
    I think I read somewhere that someone wrote a script (either that or someone was going to try to ) that would fix the errors..
    I will try and find that, and see if I can find anymore info for you..
    Kory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Okay I have a few things for you to try....

First edit /boot/grub/menu.lst

and find the line that looks like:
    # defoptions=quiet splash
    and make it
    # defoptions=quiet splash i8042.reset

then run
    sudo update-grub
    and restart and try suspending...

Next,
    edit /etc/default/acpi-support
    and uncomment the line

DOUBLE_CONSOLE_SWITCH=true

Next:

and here is a post I found that may help (there are some duplicates, I know...)
    Code:
    Both my touchpad and keyboard on my laptop fail after resume. I'm working around it by:

1) Adding to defoptions in /boot/grub/menu.list:
    > i8042.reset
    (Some people recommend i8042.nomux, but doing this caused my keyboard and touchpad to occasionally freeze up largely at random during use, requiring the use of an external mouse/keyboard to suspend & resume before they worked again)

2) Creating /etc/acpi/suspend.d/71-mouseunload.sh:
    > #!/bin/sh
    > modprobe -r psmouse
    > echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind

3) Creating /etc/acpi/resume.d/34-mouseload.sh
    > #!/bin/sh
    > echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind
    > modprobe psmouse

4) Setting DOUBLE_CONSOLE_SWITCH=true in /etc/default/acpi support (I haven't actually tested if this is still neccesary, but it used to make all the difference)
    And
    Code:
    > $ sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
    > Find this line:
    > # kopt=root=UUID***************** ro
    > Change to this (leave the # at the beginning!):
    > # kopt=root=UUID***************** ro i8042.reset=1
    > $ sudo update-grub
    >
    > Reboot. Magic (hopefully). Good luck. 

and also try:
    the same thing, but with i8042.nomux=1
    This was the main page I looked at. You can post there with your info if you want...:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...nux/+bug/59867
    hopefully one of those things will work...
    Kory

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast