Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

A note on the script: it does nothing to your xorg.conf! You need working inputdevice sections in xorg.conf for the script to do anything worthwhile. For that I would recommend gali98's tutorial.

Update on the video drivers:

radeonhd from git: I can use my external monitor with xrandr now, but rotation doesn't work.

radeon: The external monitor does work with xinerama, though there are some issues setting the resolution. Screen rotation works.

fglrx: Still no luck, and no idea what the source of the problem might be.

@fbdelivers:

The script is merely a compilation of all the commands used in gali's tutorial, so the tutorial should work as well. Just watch for an error in the step that copies the .ko file, because when it is compiled it seems to go into a different directory now. The following command should work no matter where the .ko file has been placed after the installation:

Code:
    sudo cp ./src/2.*/wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko
    I have acpi=off in the boot parameters, though I haven't tried changing it, and I don't think thermal is disabled... But my wireless works fine, so long as I don't forget to switch it on. I've had it configured since around Alpha 3, though, and at that time it couldn't be done through restricted driver manager.
    73 for now,
    ~KG6GFQ
    Have a nice day!

Beans

Thanks for the suggestion - I'm still struggling with Alpha 6. I ran through the script for enabling wacom. After doing a reboot during boot I get stuck with powernowd trying to start.

Not sure what part of the wacom tutorial would cause me problems in that section.

Beans

If you are running Intrepid, then you should not have to use any boot parameters, nor should you have to blacklist the thermal module. It should be a normal install, just like any other computer.

kg: where did you get that radeonhd driver from?

Beans

I think that it's the xorg.conf file that I'm using that is causing the issues on boot. I used an earlier version prior to making the switch to intrepid alpha 6.

Beans

Hi gali98 and kg6gfq

i jsut wanted to say thank you for all your help. the script worked really god on my hp tx2500us.so thnx kg6gfq.

and gali98 thnx for finding the error in my xorg.conf file, now i can move the arrow with my fingers to. is not so calibrated yet but i gues ill just haave to do the calibration in the tutorial.

by the way, has anyone make the bottons on the down right corner of the screen work? for exampel rotation, and to launch elisa?

and the infrared control, is there any way to make it work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

powernowd has been causing problems for me too. The pattern I've found is that unless I've had to do a hard reboot powernowd will start so long as the power cable is unplugged. You can plug it back in immediately after powernowd has started, though. I don't know why it happens, but I guess I should post a bug report one of these days...

Update on radeonhd: It's no longer working properly with the second monitor... xrandr extends the desktop onto the second monitor, but the colors are wrong and the image is not clear. I'm going to try putting an entry for the second monitor in xorg.conf, though, and see if that helps.

(tC_Crazy: I got the radeonhd driver from the git repository listed here and compiled it. Thanks for the hint on boot options and the thermal module; I'll tinker with that as soon as I have time.)

@jubej: As mentioned earlier in the thread, only some of those buttons work properly; the others require a driver that hasn't yet been written. I've been tinkering with the IR remote and can't figure out how it works either; I suspect it too may require special, as-yet-unwritten drivers.
    73 for now,
    ~KG6GFQ
    Have a nice day!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

For me the control worked out of box, but I have the tx2000 so I really couldn't help you on that. The bottom two buttons do not work. They are not recognized as keys, so to work, someone would have to write a driver for them.
    Edit: I just now read kg6gfq's post... anyway...
    Um... try using xev and see if the infrared controller picks up events... then maybe you can map the keycodes to something.
    Kory

Beans

kg6gfq: Could you post the xorg.conf file? Is really struggling with installing the drivers and using the external screen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

@jingtra: The important parts of the xorg.conf for multiple monitors are as follows:
    Code:
    Section "Screen"
    	Identifier      "Default Screen"
    	Device          "Radeon"
    	Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
    	DefaultDepth	24
    	SubSection "Display" # <--Add this subsection if you don't have it already.  
    		Depth           24
    		Virtual		1280 1824 # <--Change these values to set the maximum size of both your screens put together.  
    	EndSubSection
    EndSection
    Code:
    	Driver	"radeonhd" # <--Make sure this is set in your "Device" section.  If X won't start with this set you probably don't have the newest driver from git (or the version you downloaded is broken).
    I've also attached the scripts I use to switch the external monitor on and off. Read the comments in those files for more info. Have you managed to install the radeonhd driver from their git repository?

Remote Control: Picked up by xev. Thanks gali!! Many of the buttons are the same as their counterparts on the laptop itself, so if you've already mapped volume, media, and side-of-screen buttons they should work. The two bottom-of-screen buttons aren't picked up by xev though, as gali said. Neither is the act of rotating the screen, unfortunately.

"acpi=off": as tC_Crazy pointed out, this is not a necessary boot parameter and in fact should probably not be used in intrepid. Remove it by editing /boot/grub/menu.lst.

powernowd: With the newer kernel powersaved seems to work far better than powernowd - I've only had it hang once during boot, and that was after a hard shutdown. If you're having difficulty with powernowd I would recommend installing powersaved to replace it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    73 for now,
    ~KG6GFQ
    Have a nice day!

Beans

Hello

Gali98 you are right the remote control works really good. i just have to map the others bottons that don work, but i have to learn how.

By the way Im experience something really wierd. on the screen the left dvd button and the media button was working before but now they don work, nothing happens on xev. it had the keycode 200 and 201. but now it seem that the mousepad on and off button is mapped 200 for off and 201 for on. so when i activate the mouse pad it will launch like 15 instans of the mdeia player elisa. i tryed the xev and when I turn the On or off button you will see the keycod 201 go on like forever. do you have the same problem? Any ideas?

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast