Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Quote Originally Posted by tC_Crazy View Post
    Try scanning through the tx2000 threads for the rotation instructions. They had it down to a couple scripts, I think.
    I believe the tx2000 uses an nvidia video card, which has a function built into the driver for screen rotation and which is what they used. If that's true, it won't work for us.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I believe the tx2000 uses an nvidia video card, which has a function built into the driver for screen rotation and which is what they used. If that's true, it won't work for us.
    The tx2000 does use an nVidia card, but they were using xrandr for the screen rotation, which ought to work just as well with the ATI Radeon card in the tx2500.

Here are some links to info on xrandr, info on rotating the wacom input, and a few scripts put together for the tx2000:
    http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...dr#post4731847
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...dr#post4812335
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...dr#post4910414
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...dr#post4923527
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...dr#post5020078
    The first one is general information, the rest are solutions which become both more complex and more polished toward the end of the list.

I would try to sort this out myself, but I don't yet have a tx2500. I'm considering getting one, though, so thank you to everyone who has posted here with info about the laptop. One question: Does anyone know if the S-video and VGA ports work properly?

Thanks for all the info and solutions!
    73 for now,
    ~KG6GFQ
    Have a nice day!

Beans

kg,
    I assume the ports are working properly, since I'm using an ATI restricted driver. I can check for you tonight.

Beans

Have anyone got touchscreen working ? How precise is the navigation using the pen ? For me, the actual position of the click could be 1-3 mm away from the position of the end of the stylus, nomater how I calibrate the screen (i.e. it's precise at the points where is was calibrated, but not precise at another points). The same issue is also seen in pre-installed windows. Is it normal for tx2500 or I just have broken screen ?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by kv11 View Post
    Have anyone got touchscreen working ? How precise is the navigation using the pen ? For me, the actual position of the click could be 1-3 mm away from the position of the end of the stylus, nomater how I calibrate the screen (i.e. it's precise at the points where is was calibrated, but not precise at another points). The same issue is also seen in pre-installed windows. Is it normal for tx2500 or I just have broken screen ?
    Mine isn't like that. However, I did notice the sensor is in the pen, not the tip, so holding it straight up is different than holding it at an angle (as one normally holds a pen). At first I made the mistake of calibrating it with the pen straight up, so when I used it regularly, it seemed off. If you calibrated it with the pen held in a way other than which you normally use it, try again with that in mind.

Beans

My pen is quite precise after calibration in Windows... I usually calibrate once daily, since it only takes a few seconds. Make sure you hold the pen exactly as you do when inking. The only place where I noticed a drop in accuracy is around the edges (for example, it's difficult to use taskbar tray icons with the pen.

Beans

I have a tx2510us, I was able to boot without ACPI=OFF by compiling a custom kernel without including the thermal zone option. Instantly, the Wifi works with ndiswrapper 1.53 and the light is blue! Still working on the touchscreen and sound however. I realize that isn't an ideal solution, but it hasn't blown up on me yet.

Beans

So I've downloaded Ibex Alpha 3 and tried it out. Its working quite a bit better than the others I've tried so far. It can now boot into a desktop without noapic and nolapic but I still have to use acpi=off otherwise it will hang with a blinking cursor. I haven't tested any of the features yet, I'll try an install soon instead then see what works and what doesn't.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ungermax View Post
    I have a tx2510us, I was able to boot without ACPI=OFF by compiling a custom kernel without including the thermal zone option. Instantly, the Wifi works with ndiswrapper 1.53 and the light is blue! Still working on the touchscreen and sound however. I realize that isn't an ideal solution, but it hasn't blown up on me yet.
    The sound fix is in this thread

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by pluckster View Post
    So I've downloaded Ibex Alpha 3 and tried it out. Its working quite a bit better than the others I've tried so far. It can now boot into a desktop without noapic and nolapic but I still have to use acpi=off otherwise it will hang with a blinking cursor. I haven't tested any of the features yet, I'll try an install soon instead then see what works and what doesn't.
    Did you try Hardy without noapic and nolapic? Because it was fine for me without those.

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast