Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2008 Desktop Screenshot thread

Hybrid View

July 2008 Desktop Screenshot thread

Rules:
    1. Forum guidelines on content apply. In other words, safe for kids and safe for work.
    2. Try not to quote embedded images; take a moment to snip them out.
    3. Off-topic posts will be edited or moved.
    4. Thumbnail your image, or use the forum's attachment system. Full-size embedded images are annoying and will be snipped mercilessly.
    5. Take a moment and tell everyone the details of your desktop, such as the theme name, the wallpaper name, the icons and any programs you're using in the image.
    Enjoy!
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans

Re: July 2008 Desktop Screenshot thread

This is mine:

Wallpaper - A classic vista aurora... I will post if needed because I don't remember where I got it from.

Emerald - Kore Suite, using the Kore-Glass theme and moving the buttons, as well as bolding the font.

GTK - T-ish Brushed from gnome-look.

Icons - Black-white 2 Style from Gnome-Look

EDIT: Check post #8... MY UPDATED THEME IS THERE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by damis648; June 30th, 2008 at 11:34 PM.
    "If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, Of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" -Albert Einstein.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by damis648 View Post
    This is mine:

Wallpaper - A classic vista aurora... I will post if needed because I don't remember where I got it from.

Emerald - Kore Suite, using the Kore-Glass theme and moving the buttons, as well as bolding the font.

GTK - T-ish Brushed from gnome-look.

Icons - Black-white 2 Style from Gnome-Look
    Sorry dude, but I think that emerald theme looks like rubbish on that gtk theme.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by billgoldberg View Post
    Sorry dude, but I think that emerald theme looks like rubbish on that gtk theme.
    Well I could not find anything else that I haven't already tried. I wanted a light theme, and by that I meant light in color. This was the best I could do, and it looks OK to me. I previously had Neutronium Gilouche as my GTK theme, which I liked. I just got tired of it being so dark. Maybe I will change it back...

I just did and I will keep it for now. The wallpaper is the map wallpaper from Gnome-Look.

EDIT: Actually, this is a REALLY nice combination, IMO.
    "If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, Of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" -Albert Einstein.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by damis648 View Post
    Well I could not find anything else that I haven't already tried. I wanted a light theme, and by that I meant light in color. This was the best I could do, and it looks OK to me. I previously had Neutronium Gilouche as my GTK theme, which I liked. I just got tired of it being so dark. Maybe I will change it back...

I just did and I will keep it for now. The wallpaper is the map wallpaper from Gnome-Look.

EDIT: Actually, this is a REALLY nice combination, IMO.
    That looks better, but if you want a light setup you haven't used, I use this one on my desktop:

gtk theme: murrinna dreamy
    icon theme: HH
    emerald: embarrassingly simple
    and the linux mint menu

This is what it looks like:

Check out the last post on the page for more screenshots

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by billgoldberg View Post
    That looks better, but if you want a light setup you haven't used, I use this one on my desktop:

gtk theme: murrinna dreamy
    icon theme: HH
    emerald: embarrassingly simple
    and the linux mint menu

This is what it looks like:

Check out the last post on the page for more screenshots
    Hmm, that looks nice. Clean and simple. I will try that. Thanks!

Beans

I believe I'm just using the whole default Beo theme Looks really nice I think. And if you hadn't noticed the clock in the picture, it's still June here
    Last edited by doorknob60; July 1st, 2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Added pic with windows open
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans

I used Aurora-Looks for my GTK theme, Frame for my Emerald theme. Frame was modified in the Emerald Theme Manager to be completely crystal clear, except for the outline.

I don't remember where I got my wallpaper.

I've decided that since I change my desktop frequently, I should keep this post updated.

I am proud of this one. Borne out of an Emerald theme (Which I modified a bit.),I am most proud of that third screenshot's blur effects.

ClearlooksCompact and a wallpaper made by ajgreeny which can be found here. Emerald theme is Fuz2Y.

Still on ClearLooks Compact, new wallpaper and Emerald theme.

Aurora Midnight. Lovely how my transparencies go through in here. I got the wallpaper from a big wallpaper website I lost track off. D:
    Last edited by YaroMan86; July 22nd, 2008 at 03:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hardy 64

MARK YOUR THREAD SOLVED

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I tried to make a manageable "darker" theme that ended up going mostly gray on me. All the backgrounds were found on interfacelift.com. I really love the icon set, thanks much to the developer.

GTK Theme: Schwermetall
    Icons: Black-white 2 style

I can put up the wallpapers too if requested.

Higher res pics:
    Last edited by Onay; July 2nd, 2008 at 12:25 AM.
    Pentium 4 HT @ 2.79 Ghz | 2 GB RAM | 256 MB Nvidia Geforce 6200 | Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron | Compiz Fusion 0.7.6 | Rhythmbox | Wine 1.0 | Mozilla Firefox 3 | Eclipse SDK

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast