Thread: Not detecting My HWUG1 Wi-Fi adapter

Beans

Not detecting My HWUG1 Wi-Fi adapter

Hi, I just recently installed ubuntu and I expected ubuntu to have drivers pre-equipped for my network hardware. I figured out it does, only for my network controller on the motherboard but not for my USB adapter.

I heard there was a application that suppose to take windows usb adapter drivers but I have no clue where the drivers for my adapter is!? I looked in C:\windows\system32\drivers but no luck.

What can I do now?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Not detecting My HWUG1 Wi-Fi adapter

Quote Originally Posted by ChazZeromus View Post
    Hi, I just recently installed ubuntu and I expected ubuntu to have drivers pre-equipped for my network hardware. I figured out it does, only for my network controller on the motherboard but not for my USB adapter.

I heard there was a application that suppose to take windows usb adapter drivers but I have no clue where the drivers for my adapter is!? I looked in C:\windows\system32\drivers but no luck.

What can I do now?
    I'm running Ubuntu with HWUG1. Try wicd. Do a search on the forums. I'm using kwlan, but wicd would be easier for you.
    Screwed by the Demon Gates! To never return!
    Kbuntu 8.04 Hardy - Intel D5400XS Mobo - Dual QX9775 Quad core Extremes * 2 x 12mb cache - 8gb DDR2 @ 1600 mhz FSB - Dual NVidia 9600 GT 512mb OverClocked
    SSSSccccrrreeaammmmmmming........!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Unix_Slayer View Post
    I'm running Ubuntu with HWUG1. Try wicd. Do a search on the forums. I'm using kwlan, but wicd would be easier for you.
    What!? Is there a wiki for that? I got the feeling searching the forum would just complicate things more. Can you show me a page in which how to use this wicd?

Beans

Okay, I installed wicd and my speeds are like super low! I usually get 500-700 KB/s but now I get like 10 KB/s to 8000 B/s!? And plus everytime I change a setting in wicd, it freezes! And never comes back! I'll end the process and start the tray thing again and it won't show up on the tray!

Whats wrong here?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by ChazZeromus View Post
    Okay, I installed wicd and my speeds are like super low! I usually get 500-700 KB/s but now I get like 10 KB/s to 8000 B/s!? And plus everytime I change a setting in wicd, it freezes! And never comes back! I'll end the process and start the tray thing again and it won't show up on the tray!

Whats wrong here?

I know. That's why I use kwlan.
    Screwed by the Demon Gates! To never return!
    Kbuntu 8.04 Hardy - Intel D5400XS Mobo - Dual QX9775 Quad core Extremes * 2 x 12mb cache - 8gb DDR2 @ 1600 mhz FSB - Dual NVidia 9600 GT 512mb OverClocked
    SSSSccccrrreeaammmmmmming........!