Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HARDY No Sound

Beans

Re: HARDY No Sound

Your sound card is the same as mine. Have you tried going to System->Preferences->Sounds and trying the tests with various mixers?

Beans

yes tested.

i open an mp3 file for example, i see it playing till the end but i cant listen anything.

Beans

fully reinstalled ubuntu, new fresh instalation.
    and the same i see a movie player or a mp3 but no sound output. Strange.

any ideas?

Beans

BTW the computer is a laptop ASUS F3SV.
    And i see i am not the only one with same prob?
    Anyone with it working?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Propably it would work with PulseAudio, the main package is already installed, but it is needed to install libasound2-plugins and pavucontrol.

Then, you should find in the menu Applicatins the tool "PulseAudioColumeControl". Open that and and by the point "Output Devices" choose with a right click your Soundhardware as Default.

Next, go to System --> Preferences --> Audio and choose PulseAuddio - Soundserver.

Is Sourround-Sound (5.1 or higher) needed, you need to configure the PulseAudio deaemon.conf file.
    You find this file by /etc/pulse.
    Change the Line "default-sample-channels = 2" to default-sample-channels = 6 or like your Soundsystem.

PulseAudio works with many Applications, but not with all.
    Curiosly, by my laptop Rythmbox (all Gstreamer Applications) does not work with PulseAudio - but it does that by my Deskop PC, where PulseAudio is the main soundsystem, too.

Beans

thnkx for the reply m8

well i reinstaled ubuntu and nothing, no sound but then i made the updates and the sound is working and i see the alsa installed is the .16 and not the .15 as i can remember, anyway maybe it just got a new update today dunno, but i think it was solved by a new version.

Thankx all for the help.

Cheers,
    L0pt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12