Hi folks,

My 2 Ubuntu boxes, 6.06 and 7.10, have been suffering on MySQL problem after upgrade. I did rescue the 6.06 box by removing/reinstalling MySQL. This box seems now running normal. However to my suprise the same steps couldn't work on the 7.04 box.

On reinstallation;

# apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  libdbd-mysql-perl libmysqlclient15off mysql-client-5.0 mysql-common mysql-server-5.0
Suggested packages:
  tinyca
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libdbd-mysql-perl libmysqlclient15off mysql-client mysql-client-5.0 mysql-common mysql-server mysql-server-5.0
0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/36.5MB of archives.
After unpacking 96.6MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Reading package fields... Done
Reading package status... Done
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
grave bugs of mysql-server-5.0 ( -> 5.0.38-0ubuntu1.4) <done>
 #480292 - CVE-2008-2079: mysql allows local users to bypass certain privilege checks (Fixed: mysql-dfsg-5.0/5.0.51a-7)
Summary:
 mysql-server-5.0(1 bug)
Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...]  n
****** Exit with an error by force in order to stop the installation. ******
E: Sub-process if dpkg -s apt-listbugs | grep -q '^Status: .* ok installed'; then /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || ( test $? -ne 10 || exit 10; echo 'Warning: apt-listbugs exited abnormally, hit enter key to continue.' 1>&2 ; read a < /dev/tty ); fi returned an error code (10)
E: Failure running script if dpkg -s apt-listbugs | grep -q '^Status: .* ok installed'; then /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || ( test $? -ne 10 || exit 10; echo 'Warning: apt-listbugs exited abnormally, hit enter key to continue.' 1>&2 ; read a < /dev/tty ); fi
Can any folk shed me some light? TIA

B.R.
satimis